ignition toggle switch

kevin l

Everything in XS
Reaction score
Need help wiring a toggle switch only for ignition. I'm running a Pamco with a Pma, headlight,tail light/ brake light, kick start only with a battery. Does anybody have a diagram for a system like this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's one I found on the forum - look around you will find more
full

I've looked at that one also,not sure i want to go that route,trying to figure out where in the wiring to put the toggle,want to keep it as simple as possible. I do not plan on using a fuse block,just an inline 20A,also not using a capacitor.

Last edited:
It would be a good idea to have at least a couple of fuses (at least a seperate fuse for the ignition and one for your lighting) in addition to your main fuse so if you have a problem with your headlight or tail light or etc etc you would probably still be able to run and make it home. As far as running a battery just replpace the capacitor in the drawing with a battery. The rest is pretty well spot on.

Use inline fuses instead of the fuse box, and eliminate the kill switch and neutral light. That's more or less what I'm doing.

Machi.
By looking at the wiring diagram the regulator is hot, can i put the toggle before the regulator to kill everything, would it make a difference.

Wire your switch into your main power wire coming off the battery. That'll kill all when you switch off. If you're keeping a battery I'd run a relay that's kicked by your toggle. Most toggles are only 10-15 amp and since you'll be powering up the entire bike through it you'll feel better with a 40 amp relay with a 30 amp inline fuse. I'd then run an inline fuse to each accessory. Size those fuses a little over the draw of the component and a little less than the capacity of your wire.

Thanks for the help guys, picked up a 25amp toggle and some inline fuses today, hope to have it up and running by the weekend.

Back