imperfections in paint?

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
what's the best way to get imperfections out of paint? i sprayed it yesterday and you can see the bondo through the paint, also has some spray spots that need attention. Wet sanding?

You should have used primer over the bondo. I would sand it off and start over. Primer then paint.

I would sand the tank down. You didn't mention what you painted with, but what I would do would be an epoxy primer after all your body work is done. Follow that with a High build primer surfacer and sand some more, you could then seal and topcoat.

If you want to get by cheaper, do your bodywork, then HB primer surfacer, then topcoat.

It all depends on what you aree looking for. The main thing is preparation, preparation, preparation......your paint will only come out as good as your...preparation.... Good luck... :)
Tom

I would sand the tank down. You didn't mention what you painted with, but what I would do would be an epoxy primer after all your body work is done. Follow that with a High build primer surfacer and sand some more, you could then seal and topcoat.

If you want to get by cheaper, do your bodywork, then HB primer surfacer, then topcoat.

It all depends on what you aree looking for. The main thing is preparation, preparation, preparation......your paint will only come out as good as your...preparation.... Good luck... :)
Tom

ahh hell i dont know what to start over this is the 2nd time! I used dupli color rattle can, i used a spray on primer guess it didn't cover it enough

good news fellas! I wet sanded for a couple hours. resprayed and all imperfections are gone...there is a god

Back