Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

The sound of a Harley pales into insignificance!
True! It's not about volume either - Paul Semple used to portray the Vincent sound as Crob-a-Crob and in places that's exactly what the bike does. I watched the vid again this morning just for that sound.

Deep, mellifluous, a giant beast rumbling with pleasure.

1707396535779.png

1707396922525.png

waah MY carbs are so hard to get to....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/V8SAUSSIE/permalink/2513310112209022/

Speaking of nice exhaust sound….

The sound is nice, but an XS1/2 would have woken up the dead in the cemetery. This makes the Triumph certainly the more respectful vehicle in this location : ) But as Raymond rightly says, it's not just the volume that matters, but also what is "said" 😉

Last edited:
It's a '69 V7 750 Special. She spent most of her life in Italy. Solid agricultural technology, but there's still some work to be done, although I will definitely leave the patina as it is. Four gears on the right and these are also switched the other way around ; )

Kind of primal animal between all that modern stuff on the road .. I love time capsules like that 😊

20231223_013427.jpg

It's a '69 V7 750 Special. She spent most of her life in Italy. Solid agricultural technology, but there's still some work to be done, although I will definitely leave the patina as it is. Four gears on the right and these are also switched the other way around ; )

Kind of primal animal between all that modern stuff on the road .. I love time capsules like that 😊

View attachment 261343
There’s a guy making trans Canada videos on an old loop frame Moto Guzzi. Beautiful!

View attachment 261343

Love it, beautiful bike! ❤️

Thanks!

Yes, that's Nick Adams, a guy who has ridden countless miles on his Guzzi and isn't afraid of any weather. A real tough guy with a great talent for expressing the poetry of riding a motorcycle, especially his Guzzi. I like bis videos a lot : )

Last edited:
Well no pictures, but today was a very unseasonably warm day for Central NY, they say we broke a 99 year high at 61ºF for the date.

Well wife had her six month doctors check up so she took the CanAm Spyder for a short ride! It almost did not want to start but has been sitting probably since sometime in October. Lucky at least I put it on the battery tender last night so battery was up to a bit of extra cranking. She said once she got out of the Doc's office it fired right up and again when she topped off the gas tank.

Back