Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

ANOTHER BMW CREATION
More here: https://www.bikeexif.com/custom-bmw...1bdae4d650f8de149f.jpg&utm_campaign=BEX231204

Not always a fan of these air-cooled BMW being chopped up. But Occasionally someone does something different.

BMW 1.PNG

BMW 2.PNG

Thank you for putting this up, @mick71b, but I've never really got Italian fours. In the 70's there were Benelli 4s on offer - don't recall seeing any out and about, but you might trip over one in a large 'all makes' dealership. Red, shiny, four exhausts, four silencers. But I always thought the engine looked like a copy of the CB550.

Saying that invites a savage beating from a Benelli enthusiast, if there's one in the offing, who will point out the Italian firm was winning races with four cylinder motorbikes when Soichiro was building his first Cub.

I don't think many people bought one because you might as well buy the Honda - same-ish bike, significantly cheaper, dealers everywhere. I suppose you were basically making a statement about the exclusivity of Italian machines, sommat a pleb like me might overlook?

Benelli also tested market readiness for six cylinders, but it still looked like a CB500 with two extra pots. Those were pre-CBX days, and pre-Allen Millyard days.

And to my untrained eye, that Moto Guzzi engine seems to bear a family resemblance to the Benellis? Maybe the Italian industry is a bit inbred? The British one was. All that complexity in a 250?

1702151880600.png

Seller's Description​

Pure custom 1934 Crocker speedway racer tribute bike, built around a 1997 Suzuki LS650 motor. Completely handmade frame, tank, forks, jackshaft arrangement, handlebars, etc. Rear hub is a front dual leading shoe from an early Honda CB350, adapted to have a sprocket. Front forks are a damn close copy of the 1934 Crocker forks, this uses a single spring reverse springer fork. Wiring and cables are run through frame. Hand made clutch perch and lever, leather hand grips, hand made internal throttle. Microswitch start and kill switch. Manual compression release. Electrics concealed in faux generator and under battery. Electric start. Old pickup turn signal adapted to LED with original bullseye lens. Tail/brake light concealed under rear fender. What isnt nickle plated is painted Viper red. Yes, it runs and no, its not very comfortable. Speedway front 23" wheel and tire from an old XL500. Rear 21" wheel and tire. Build thread with build details is here: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/just-another-savage-speedway-build-nothing-to-see-here.1429415/ Located in Central Wisconsin. Will assist your shipper to get it to you. Comes with Vermont transferable registration

View attachment 257055

Seller's Description​

Pure custom 1934 Crocker speedway racer tribute bike, built around a 1997 Suzuki LS650 motor. Completely handmade frame, tank, forks, jackshaft arrangement, handlebars, etc. Rear hub is a front dual leading shoe from an early Honda CB350, adapted to have a sprocket. Front forks are a damn close copy of the 1934 Crocker forks, this uses a single spring reverse springer fork. Wiring and cables are run through frame. Hand made clutch perch and lever, leather hand grips, hand made internal throttle. Microswitch start and kill switch. Manual compression release. Electrics concealed in faux generator and under battery. Electric start. Old pickup turn signal adapted to LED with original bullseye lens. Tail/brake light concealed under rear fender. What isnt nickle plated is painted Viper red. Yes, it runs and no, it’s not very comfortable. Speedway front 23" wheel and tire from an old XL500. Rear 21" wheel and tire. Build thread with build details is here: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/just-another-savage-speedway-build-nothing-to-see-here.1429415/ Located in Central Wisconsin. Will assist your shipper to get it to you. Comes with Vermont transferable registration

Amazing craftsmanship!

That pretty funny “Yes it runs and no it’s not very comfortable. “ 😄

Back