Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Are there any more pictures of this Gentleman's motorcycle?
https://silodrome.com/windhoff-four-cylinder-motorcycle/

1702471593165.png

Engine as a stressed member...

Wow! The bike is actually frameless, the front suspension and rear sub frame bolt directly to the motor.

I also thought this was interesting, the overhead cam operates directly on the valves much the way a modern engine with bucket and shim designs work, but do you see any way to adjust the valves on this old engine?
IMG_6458.jpeg

Wow! The bike is actually frameless, the front suspension and rear sub frame bolt directly to the motor.

I also thought this was interesting, the overhead cam operates directly on the valves much the way a modern engine with bucket and shim designs work, but do you see any way to adjust the valves on this old engine?
View attachment 257406
It's an artistic rendition, not that accurate - seems to be missing a valve, for starters.

Lash caps.

View attachment 257406
Lash caps.

^^^Wonder what the thinking behind that rear wheel is?

Assuming that's a cover over the original spoked rim, I suppose it could be for some perceived aerodynamic (or aesthetic) advantage, but wouldn't it inhibit cooling of that drum brake?

Not an issue if it's just a design exercise I guess.

^^^Wonder what the thinking behind that rear wheel is?

Assuming that's a cover over the original spoked rim, I suppose it could be for some perceived aerodynamic (or aesthetic) advantage, but wouldn't it inhibit cooling of that drum brake?

Not an issue if it's just a design exercise I guess.
As it is referred to as LSR I'm guessing they only figure on one stop at the end of a run so heat build-up might not be that big a problem. Now if one was going to be doing laps a Le Mans that might be a different story!

I love the way they look but just can't see that being a comfortable ride for any long amount of time at my age.
Unless... I was too concerned lookin for the poe poes to think about it. ahh hell send er!!! :) Beautiful Norton!!!

1703290780454.png

A diver’s light illuminates the spokes of a BSA M-20 motorcycle, one of a number of rusting wrecks still sitting in the hold of British Merchant Navy ship SS Thistlegorm which was lost off the Sinai Peninsula on the 6th of October, 1941. Note the remains of the wooden crate in which the brand new machines were being shipped still resting underneath the once war-bound M-20. The 13,000 ton Thistlegorm was on her way to Alexandria, Egypt from Glasgow with a load of cargo for British forces in North Africa when she was hit by Luftwaffe bombers, the resulting explosion sending her to the sea floor in mere minutes with the loss of nine men. Other equipment remaining visible in or near her well preserved holds include a number of Bedford OY trucks, rifles, ammunition, Wellington rubber boots and a pair of LMS 8F steam locomotives bound for use by the Egyptian National Railway.

First discovered and dived by the famed explorer Jacques Cousteau a decade after the ship’s loss, Thistlegorm is now considered one of the world’s premier dive sites - as well as a constantly evolving natural reef for an abundance of Red Sea animal and plant life.

Photo by Alexander Mustard

Back