It was too nice of a day to stay home

azman857

'80 XS 650SG Rider
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
The day was sunny and not too warm and it had been too long since I've had a worry free ride. That and the new to me rotor needed a long distance test. Yeah, a long distance durability test. The Collins Foundation "Wings of Freedom" tour was in Marana Reginal Airport. How often can one see a B-17, B-24 and a B-25 fly in. They brought a P-40 and a P-51 with them. When I got there I found out one needed $15 to walk amongst the history. Well, I was ok with just taking pics through the fence.
I cranked up "The SG" and headed to the Saguaro Monument West. It wasn't far away. I needed a break. Took some more pics.
Got a need for some more road time so headed out again. Eventually headed for Gates Pass. A local place that has a lot of narrow winding road with a lot of bicyclists to dodge. Eventually I headed home. I took some pics and hear they are.
DSCN5927.JPG
DSCN5928.JPG
DSCN5929.JPG
DSCN5932.JPG
DSCN5933.JPG
DSCN5934.JPG
DSCN5935.JPG
DSCN5937.JPG

Excellent outing and nice photos! I’m happy to hear you’ve got your trusty bike back in action again.
Keep up the ride reports! How far are you from Mt. Lemon?

NE of me 15, 20 miles. I can see it out my front window. There might still be some snow up there in Ski Valley which is on the north side of the mountain.

Back