It's the day after and I feel guilty

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Well the pumpkin roll got me again this year. It dragged me down to the depths of guilty pleasure and left me feeling oh so bad. That roll, with it's cream cheese filling, just had it's way with me yesterday. Ugh, I feel sick talking about it.

Me too, I ate way too much yesterday....don't know what I was thinking.

In keeping with my tradition, I am not going Christmas shopping today [ Black Friday ].

In keeping with my tradition, I am not going Christmas shopping today [ Black Friday ].

As am I. I am off today, for once, and am going to enjoy the day. Not going anywhere near town due to the crazies.

Probably a long walk though to work off the entire cheese plate I finished while waiting for dinner.

It wasn't Thanks Giving here in Canada , but I ate like a pig anyway . A whole roast chicken , half a 3 quart pan of scalloped potatoes and a giant salad with 3/4 of a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for desert. God, I love Thursdays .

This is "Monkey", one of my 5 Pugs. He didn't even eat yesterday and look at him. Must be in the air.
DSCF1821.jpg

Monkey's got the right idea. :D

I wouldn't go shopping today at gunpoint. I did that once many years ago, never again.

Hear ya on the punkin roll. SWMBO made three, fortunately two went to our daughters.

She also made a cherry cheesecake.

None of either left over.

Fortunately, we didn't do a big deal for Thanksgiving dinner, just a pot of lobster stew. So, while I consumed a bunch of empty calories, I didn't suffer from tryptophan poisoning in the process...

Pumpkin Roll, as my wife makes it, consists of a dough made of pumpkin (NOT pie filling) flour and cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.

Filling is cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla.

I can post the actual recipe if anyone wants.

Here ya go:

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Cake Batter:

1. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin, mix until blended.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add egg mixture, mixing well.
3. Spread batter into greased and waxed-paper lined 10 x 15 inch pan.
4. Bake @ 375º for 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
5. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on a clean towel an cool 10 minutes longer.
6. From 10" side, roll cake up in towel and set aside while preparing filling

Filling: Beat together 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese and 4 Tbsp butter. Stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.

7. Unroll cake and place on plastic wrap (We used waxed paper, but Saran Wrap works too). Spread filling evenly over cake. Roll up the cake and cover with plastic wrap.
8. Place cake seam-side down and chill for at least 2 hours.
9. Slice and gobble...

From midway through my second plate to about now, I can't remember a thing.

Back