It's time to start a winter Project. The Red Bike

20230706_192059.jpg
168868933918547068065551771394.jpg

Your bike is looking beautiful! I’m sure you’re getting anxious to go ride it! 😍

If I might make a suggestion, maybe you are already planning this, but you can route that front brake line in tighter to the frame and secure it with a clamp to the triple tree. Some example photos from my old ‘77…….
View attachment 246602View attachment 246603View attachment 246604View attachment 246605
Thanks, it will attach to the headlight ear because the ends I choose let it lay naturally right there. It will stay away from the painted fender that way.;)

Call me biased... :rolleyes: ... but that's lookin' sweet!!!
I can't thank you enough. This "early years" vertical twin project sparkles with your paint work. It is not a racer. It is not a Cafe. It most certainly is not a UJM. I though long and hard about eliminating the tank badge and just filling the recess but in the end the finished look is better in my eyes. Also, in my eyes, the pinstriped fenders add a touch of "I am not in a hurry" and anyone who has been to the last Ozarks and Smokies rallies will attest that truth.;)

The bike rolled out of the garage so I could polish the pipes, dust it off a little and stand back and study it a little. Few details still then pour some fuel in and start it up.View attachment 246601
MIND YOU DON'T GET OIL DRIPS ON THAT IMMACULATE DRIVE!
:lmao:
Bike look amazing, nice work Kevin.

Great photo, really captures the stance of the bike. That's a one-off but so tidy and understated it would pass for a stocker. Definitely intended as a compliment.

@Jim's suggestion of gaiters, up to you, but would suit the style. I would put a mirror - maybe a round Stadium bar-end, 'coz they don't shoogle or come loose.

bridge 1.jpg
Bridge 2.jpg

The start up went without drama. 34 psi front, 40 psi rear. 2.5 litres of 20w50. 1/2 gallon of fuel, turn on the petcock and watch first one, then the other carb get fuel in the Tygon tubing, Lift the enricher (as is not uncommon it seems, I have 2 left hand carbs so only one enricher is convenient) and hit the starter. No muss, no fuss started into an instant steady idle. I think my jetting selections are on the rich but the excitement of finally riding this one prevent me from getting accurate info and I really only rode it for 4 miles so evaluation will happen another day. Now a whiskey on the rocks, it's Friday.

View attachment 246665View attachment 246666

The start up went without drama. 34 psi front, 40 psi rear. 2.5 litres of 20w50. 1/2 gallon of fuel, turn on the petcock and watch first one, then the other carb get fuel in the Tygon tubing, Lift the enricher (as is not uncommon it seems, I have 2 left hand carbs so only one enricher is convenient) and hit the starter. No muss, no fuss started into an instant steady idle. I think my jetting selections are on the rich but the excitement of finally riding this one prevent me from getting accurate info and I really only rode it for 4 miles so evaluation will happen another day. Now a whiskey on the rocks, it's Friday.
Congrats to you on an awesome bike and Jim on a beautiful paint job. Just the right amount of pinstriping IMHO.

View attachment 246665View attachment 246666

That is a great result Kevin. Calendar worthy bike for me!

Back