Wanted - JBM Intakes for BS 38

I sell intakes 74.99 plus shipping
yamahaXS650AluminumIntake.jpg

Last edited:
I've got some brand new JBM's ...extra (angled boots for linked carbs 77'-79') without barbs. We should be able to work out a trade? Give me a call. Blue ...(Don has had a run on his boots as you may know)

Blue, well those are just what I need and would love to buy them. I sold my tank locally if that is what you wanted for trade, sorry. Have a nice seat though! Your pipes should show up today also.

I've got some brand new JBM's ...extra (angled boots for linked carbs 77'-79') without barbs. We should be able to work out a trade? Give me a call. Blue ...(Don has had a run on his boots as you may know)

Yikes...thank you. Not absolutely in need of them now, but will change mine out as soon as they're back in stock (along with a couple of his diaphragms too). Nice product!

liljerry...thanks for the offer but I've kinda kept up with the unfolding story behind JBM's holders, and I think those are the ones for me. I just waited a little long to let go of the $$$...:(

I am well acquainted with JBM and will look into the nature of the availability situation and advise this thread and the forum accordingly. By the nature of the operation of compounding, catalysis, pre-form, vulcanization and post-cure process's...it's necessary to build up and make intermittent runs among other production as well.

They say that "every golf shot makes somebody happy"....well in this case it's whatever is being chosen to mold XS 650 carburetor intake boots out of in China and US ethanol containing gasoline mixtures. The happy one could be JBM who has a superior design, excellent specialty compound but; limited specialty capacity.

"It looks like a backlog building right now, may want to get an order in the line up." Opinion, Blue

Last edited:
blue...just received this email form JBM...(he emailed me back in 2 hours...on a Saturday...on an Easter Weekend...how's that for customer service!!!)

Watch my web site. Should be in about 90 days or so.

Thanks,

Don James
JBM Industries
3761 Morley Drive
Kent, OHIO 44240 USA
330-678-9537
www.jbmindustries.com

I didn't ask, and he didn't mention pre-ordering/backlog of orders, but your idea of getting on the list is a good one.

I was gonna get the holders and diaphragms at the same time, and then take my carbs to oldskoolcarbs for a cleaning (I live about 20 minutes from Rock Hill). May just get the diaphragms now and take the carbs down...deal with the holders later when they're back in stock. I just have to get my wife's permission to take her father's funeral urn off the fireplace mantle. I plan to display my carbs there under the recessed lighting before I put'em back on the bike.:wink2:

if you go to the aussie site yamaha xs650 club ,,, and go to for sale ,,,, look up peter kommer ... he has a lot of xs650 stuff for sale ,,,and has got an email address as well he,s been selling stuff for 25years ,,,,regards oldbiker

Back