Just an FYI.. Mikes xs 2 into 1 throttle cable does not work with vm34's

Fndirtygreaser

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I snapped a throttle cable end near throttle housing. I decide might as well get mikes xs since its made for an xs650 and can be used with Molina vm34's. as soon as I take it out of the package I noticed the cable inners that attach to carb are pretty short. And yup sure enough there is not enough slack to hold the spring back and fish the cable end through the hole on carb slide. I took spring out of the equation and the cable inner end was not even long enough to go in through the hole.

I eventually busted the plastic junction box since it does not come apart. ( unlike the metal round junction box the top and bottom positions can be threaded on/off)
I needed the cable that went front throttle to splinter. Now that the 2 cables were free I tried installing them into the carbs. They did go on but the cable was still too short the slide didn't close completely. And that's not even including the slack it would need for the junction box and splinter.

Sorry for long story. But I searched and did not find any specific info in regards to
Mikes xs throttle. This was not the pro motion one that he sells as well. Here is a pic of the difference in lengths of the one that I had on before and mikes xs.
Also the cable that goes from throttle to splinter would have been too long. :mad::banghead:

null_zps9f0dd5db.jpg

Back