Just another new guy

99orton

Oregon XS650
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been lurking here for awhile now and thought I would finally introduce myself. I live in So. Oregon and ride a 07 1100 V-star Classic. This summer I picked up a 80 XS650 runner. I have since torn it down and installed a hardtail. This should be a good winter project.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 46
I have lots of plans, but short on funds! lol Havn't decided on everything yet. I'm going to try and fab a lot of the stuff my self. I built a battery box yesterday and am looking for ideas for a "oil tank" to hide the electrical in. The gas tank, chain and roller should be here next week and we will see from there. Any good ideas for a rear fender?

Attachments

• tank 003.jpg
    tank 003.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 008 (3).jpg
    008 (3).jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 72
I made an oil tank out of 4" exhaust pipe and flat aluminum plates for the end. Fenders are a personal taste thing. Mines just a 6" flat Paughco. Welcome to the site, and good luck with the build. I look forward to seeing progress.

Attachments

• rsz-tank.jpg
    rsz-tank.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 63
Hey! Now that was just wrong! BTW, did you see The Horse for November? You might recognize someone's bike there. And yes, never listen to me, I am an idiot. That's not even a pic of my bike, and I'm actually only 12 years old. Sorry.

Last edited:
oh, yeah, congrats on your big reveal in the horse!!
99, is that the olympic rain foreset?

There were a few errors in your post so I fixed it for you, brother. Don't worry, we understand...

Hey! Now that was just wrong! BTW, did you see The Horse for November? No, really, because I don't know if I did... You might recognize someone's bike there. I'm not sure who owns it though. And yes I am an idiot. That's not even a pic of my bike, and I'm actually only old... and I have Alzheimer's. Sorry. What were we talking about? Who took my Reader's Digest?! Damn kids... I used to have a horse...

You guys are hurting my feelings. Teebs, my mom's gonna call your mom, and no more internet access for you! Big jerk stupidhead! Ha!:poke:

....I'm sorry. Who is this again? And why am I on this computer? I thought I was playing a piano...Where'd the white keys go?...

Where'd I leave those pills?

Teebs, Tech7; stop messing with 99orton's thread! If you don't cut it out right NOW. you will be REALLY sorry when your father gets home! He is going to take away all your even sized metric tools for a WEEK!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum 99orton. Good luck with your XS project. I like your V-Star, I'm planning to buy to build a bobber with it but I also want an old Triumph, just don't know which one will come first.

Back