Cafe Racer build in Texas

Oh, you need one of those. You also need a horizontal band saw, lathe, guillotine, mill, grinders, a full suite of cordless power tools, bar bender, panbrake, belt grinder, linisher, three or four angle grinders, blasting cabinet, several spanner sets and screwdriver sets, cordless screwdriver. That's the bare minimum, just to get by on. Tyre changes, brake drum lathes, chrome plating baths and anodising baths are also nice to have.

Oh, you need one of those. You also need a horizontal band saw, lathe, guillotine, mill, grinders, a full suite of cordless power tools, bar bender, panbrake, belt grinder, linisher, three or four angle grinders, blasting cabinet, several spanner sets and screwdriver sets, cordless screwdriver. That's the bare minimum, just to get by on. Tyre changes, brake drum lathes, chrome plating baths and anodising baths are also nice to have.
I need to win the lottery a couple of times first!

D
I've never even heard of JIS screws!! Well thats good to know going forward. I'm just going to order a set of screws. I don't have a lathe so I'll go that route. Thanks for the info!
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've been stripping the heads off of Japanese "Phillips" screws for 50 years. I always thought it was inferior hardware. Turns out the only thing inferior was the screwdriver operator.

D
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've been stripping the heads off of Japanese "Phillips" screws for 50 years. I always thought it was inferior hardware. Turns out the only thing inferior was the screwdriver operator.
I resemble that comment!

The things I've learned on this forum! I am still a hack motorcycle mechanic, but a more refined hack motorcycle mechanic!

I resemble that comment!

The things I've learned on this forum! I am still a hack motorcycle mechanic, but a more refined hack motorcycle mechanic!
Me too. I never knew what a JIS was until I got involved here.
I always bought good quality tools, but shagged the screw heads never the less. I also thought it was crap hardware.
Enlightenment comes from those that know.

Sprayed the engine down with degreaser and took an old toothbrush and cleaned a ton of grime off from the left hand side. Found a local giy that does vapor blasting. I'm hoping to get some covers cleaned up.
20230705_145059.jpg

Got the starter block off kit installed, went to my local parts store and got my clutch discs and motor oil. Quick question: and I apologize if this has been asked before but looking at the jugs on the 750cc big bore kit the back looks different than the stock. Its where the cam chain tensioner would go. I'm unsure if the tensioner bolt and screw kit go directly into the jugs and deletes the original cover?
20230706_131759.jpg
20230706_131810.jpg
20230706_131825.jpg

My next question: Is there a master list of parts I will need to do an engine overhaul? Gaskets, seals, etc? I wanted to just do the top half but do I need to go ahead and pull the bottom as well?
And as far as cams I've noticed there are a few performance cams available. Is there one that works best with the 750cc big bore kit?

Here is how I did mine.

Just bent these brackets by hand and used the mounts on the frame.

Rides on some nice rubber cushion.

Other end of the tank is rubber mounted in the same manner at the center tab. Straight forward.

IMG_4546.jpeg
IMG_4549.jpeg

Back