Just Checking???

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I got 5 motor rebuilds to do very soon and i have not used any of MIKES XS ignitions in a long time. So i am asking if anyone had anything good or bad to say if they used the setup they have that is the simplest one he sells. I just need it to test motors and have them run to break in. I normally use Boyer but they have been backed up and for 5 will be around $1100. I can buy Mikes XS cheaper .
Just want to know what you think if you have one or plan on buying one
Thanks Rich

stinky78

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had one since mid 2018, I thought I was buying a Pamco when I got it, the only issue I had was that when I fitted it I couldn’t get the timing right, I had to file the screw slot about 10mm longer to get it to advance enough, someone else here reported the same problem.

XSLeo

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing as how they are a very close knock off of Pete's ignition, Sme of the fiorst even had Pamco written on the circuit board.
They probably work ok.
Leo

stanleyipkis

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
B649C9F0-FF13-4632-9EF8-5BD62D8C8C93.png B51F6CFF-A886-4B14-ABF0-08B72E89FE6A.png

Have you researched the gonzo gn250 ignition yet? You may have some of the parts laying around this would be a feasible investment.

I am planning to do the PMA charging type over tci and rotor.

I just researched and ordered parts for it last night.

I think it was $14 for the box
And $10 for the banshee pick up.
I am reusing old Banshee PMA.

Box has two connections for the pick up.
Two wires go to coil(which I already had)
+ and -

all credit to TeamJunk(Jake) and Jim

Last edited: