Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I left Clarksdale on my Eleven Special last night, a little before 11P. I pointed it north on US Highway 61. There are songs about that road. I had it mostly to myself. It was a late night ride on a lonely Mississippi Delta highway. I loved it.

I’m having my coffee. I’ll be heading back to Clarksdale shortly. I can’t get enough of the blues. It’s even better mixed with motorcycles.

Not much, chauffeured Allison about for a while on her bike. :unsure:
KIMG6098.JPG

A tough Monday for me after an awesome weekend being immersed in blues culture plus 300 miles on the bike in two round trips.
73474454170__EAE3A0EF-C126-4899-9F85-F3E5DCF49980.jpeg

Many many thanks to Eric & Pam at The Den Again for keeping my bike at their kitchen door, and my helmet and jacket in their kitchen. That was awesome!
https://g.co/kgs/8c2ur41

It was a really nice morning today, 63 degrees and sunny, so I was just out cruising around, nowhere special. I saw a truck that made me turn around and go back to see it. I’m normally more of a fan of stock restorations but this really caught my eye. Anyone know what year this might be?

IMG_9782.jpegIMG_9783.jpegIMG_9787.jpegIMG_9785.jpegIMG_9784.jpeg

I started driving to school in a 1950 Ford F1. I say it's a '50-'51 or so. Same generation anyway. Mine had a flathead V3, 3-soeed in the floor.

I started driving to school in a 1950 Ford F1. I say it's a '50-'51 or so. Same generation anyway. Mine had a flathead V3, 3-soeed in the floor.
Anyone know what year this might be?
I think it’s a 1950 as the ‘51 had a large rear window and a different grill.

It prolly did at one time. Look at the drivers window.... it's been chopped, hood, cab and bed... all chopped.

The whole truck looked like it had about 10-12” sliced out of it , front to back and then lowered down. The hood sure doesn’t look as deep, top to bottom, as a standard truck. It was so low and sleek it almost looked 3/4 scale. 😄

It was a really nice morning today, 63 degrees and sunny, so I was just out cruising around, nowhere special. I saw a truck that made me turn around and go back to see it. I’m normally more of a fan of stock restorations but this really caught my eye. Anyone know what year this might be?

View attachment 323618View attachment 323619View attachment 323620View attachment 323621View attachment 323622
48-49-50 all had the 4 horizontal bar grille and the small rear glass. 51-52 were basically the same but had one wide horizontal bar. Hood and front fender details were different as was the dashboard, which was totally different. I'm a Ford geek.

View attachment 323618View attachment 323619View attachment 323620View attachment 323621View attachment 323622
Cooooool truck. I love pickups (Utes/Bukies). And own a VW Amarok as my daily.
I’d love a truck like that to cruise around in. Should have parked your bike alongside for the photos Bob. 😍

Oh my!

That era is my Holy Grail of pickups. There are two that I know of in the neighborhood, one right across the corner from me. Neither are for sale and if they were I probably couldn't afford them. :redface:

I do, however, have a line on a 1966 F100 with a 352 and 3 on the tree. Feller I sorta know (Internet Friend) mentioned it in a thread I started about looking for a new toy. Waiting to hear A) if it's for sale and if so; B) what he wants for it. 64/5/6 is my second favorite series of Ford pickups.

I love those old American pickups. And so does Mrs, which is of course absolutely great. Except, well, from time to time she sorta looks for ads on social media. And when she finds some luvverly old Ford or Dodge or Chevvy or whatever, she comes to me with a wistful look . . .

They fetch serious money -

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/...ars/ref-133-1950-chevrolet-3100-pick-up-dlsb/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166694451559?itmmeta=01HVXCKARKYFM12WSJPK8QYPMB&hash=item26cfc37967:g:ly0AAOSwLKll~oT3&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA0KLxEO9xIfG/5PsCsU8zd67pTvYjwDarduC5CBNyzDoo9fAgG0Qm9xg9RKuFMgV9MasLyVSTYDitoh2Nm1E+b6NdS2feZrVU0Nz9ZESsDJrqAFXz/g8aPGASZSxw/f3zS164MTaAa3lCISnzX4iLYbvaY61juLFy9hWaUocUd0Zvzb+JrSu+xWN5VH1nXCiynheBhjGpHy4ypzJOBgpzlXSJWSgp1jwC3t5ZKG43iL9Mg/rdjAYCWAHcE+QFZSEjcYtbqIprUNVgBtiWLHyRDHE=|tkp:Bk9SR7CszazfYw

So I'm forever trying to explain that the headline figure a seller is asking is just like the down-payment on a very expensive ongoing project which we don't need, don't have the space for, don't have the know-how. And, hate to say it, can't afford. Always makes me sound like an old meanie.

Just have to content ourselves going to shows on summer days and having a look and a listen.

I love those old American pickups. And so does Mrs, which is of course absolutely great. Except, well, from time to time she sorta looks for ads on social media. And when she finds some luvverly old Ford or Dodge or Chevvy or whatever, she comes to me with a wistful look . . .

They fetch serious money -

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/...ars/ref-133-1950-chevrolet-3100-pick-up-dlsb/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166694451559?itmmeta=01HVXCKARKYFM12WSJPK8QYPMB&hash=item26cfc37967:g:ly0AAOSwLKll~oT3&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA0KLxEO9xIfG/5PsCsU8zd67pTvYjwDarduC5CBNyzDoo9fAgG0Qm9xg9RKuFMgV9MasLyVSTYDitoh2Nm1E+b6NdS2feZrVU0Nz9ZESsDJrqAFXz/g8aPGASZSxw/f3zS164MTaAa3lCISnzX4iLYbvaY61juLFy9hWaUocUd0Zvzb+JrSu+xWN5VH1nXCiynheBhjGpHy4ypzJOBgpzlXSJWSgp1jwC3t5ZKG43iL9Mg/rdjAYCWAHcE+QFZSEjcYtbqIprUNVgBtiWLHyRDHE=|tkp:Bk9SR7CszazfYw

So I'm forever trying to explain that the headline figure a seller is asking is just like the down-payment on a very expensive ongoing project which we don't need, don't have the space for, don't have the know-how. And, hate to say it, can't afford. Always makes me sound like an old meanie.

Just have to content ourselves going to shows on summer days and having a look and a listen.
Spot on Raymond, makes our bike projects seem cheap!

Back