Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1695135439207.png

I always love riding through farmland. Makes me feel humble to see where our sustenance comes from.
I feel that! A couple of years ago I had a project in Salinas, CA and my hotel was in Monterey. My commute took me past ALL the vegetable fields -- it's a unique experience to have the morning air smell like celery.

I looked it up and the Salinas Valley produces something like 65% of the US's lettuce and a high percentage of just about everything else. It's called "The salad bowl of the world" in a few places. Anyway, I agree, it's somehow different riding/driving around that instead of just generic wheat fields.

I feel that! A couple of years ago I had a project in Salinas, CA and my hotel was in Monterey. My commute took me past ALL the vegetable fields -- it's a unique experience to have the morning air smell like celery.

I looked it up and the Salinas Valley produces something like 65% of the US's lettuce and a high percentage of just about everything else. It's called "The salad bowl of the world" in a few places. Anyway, I agree, it's somehow different riding/driving around that instead of just generic wheat fields.
I like the temperature changes as you ride this time of year , with the hollows being cooler than the open parts of the road !

The cotton has its white bolls. Machinery and trucks will soon be out in force. Soy bean picking coming as well. For me, that means extra care where I have limited sight distance. The weather is getting real nice and outdoor activity of every kind is ramping up. It’s motorcycle weather!

...It’s motorcycle weather!
I bought a house last year and the deck is in need of work. It was too hot during the summer and now that cooler weather is here, it's killing me to go work on the deck instead of ride.
You may recall i live in Mountain View, Ar so it's hard.
I'm pushing to get it done before winter. We'll see

I bought a house last year and the deck is in need of work. It was too hot during the summer and now that cooler weather is here, it's killing me to go work on the deck instead of ride.
You may recall i live in Mountain View, Ar so it's hard.
I'm pushing to get it done before winter. We'll see
We’ll be in Mountain View with the 650 Society in May. I hope you’ll join us.

We’ll be in Mountain View with the 650 Society in May. I hope you’ll join us.
Absolutely! I had strayed from the path of being active on the forum and was horrified to see that ya'll had been here and i didn't know it!
I live about 5 miles from the Ozark Folk Center and would have loved to meet and hang out with you guys! Several of you were instrumental in helping me get the street tracker put together.

Well, weather folks are saying there is a huge "Atmospheric River" coming in from the coast starting tomorrow and lasting over a week straight.

That means rain every day and high 50's to low 60's. 😭

Today was the last 77 degree day, so out came the 73 CB350G for a rip around the country lanes, then the crustier 1980 Special and finally the minty 1980 Special just before sunset. It was a good afternoon.

1695435664433.png

1695435735880.png

Well, weather folks are saying there is a huge "Atmospheric River" coming in from the coast starting tomorrow and lasting over a week straight.

That means rain every day and high 50's to low 60's. 😭

Today was the last 77 degree day, so out came the 73 CB350G for a rip around the country lanes, then the crustier 1980 Special and finally the minty 1980 Special just before sunset. It was a good afternoon.

View attachment 251876

View attachment 251878
Not complaining, but, pics of the other bikes would be welcome too...

Back