leaking oil mix from....ignition system?

Those drips look pretty thin. How much oil in the crankcase, smell it.
open the cam cover. Watch where inside it's coming from. but yeah cam seal is likely.
You crankcase breather routed well, open?

I'd like to help, but I don't trust links to media for security reasons.
Downloading photos directly to your posting is easy; just make sure to size them within the indicated standard.

You can often be successful simply doing a COPY, then PASTE of the pic onto your posting.

I'd like to help, but I don't trust links to media for security reasons.
Downloading photos directly to your posting is easy; just make sure to size them within the indicated standard.

You can often be successful simply doing a COPY, then PASTE of the pic onto your posting.
This is a 74mb video, it wouldnt accept that format either

Me neither. I would have caught a drop on my finger, felt it, smelled it and then I would have pulled the cover off.
Sure, I felt it. Its oily.

I actually have the seals so I may try doing it myself.
Found one decent video

I just had a Pamco installed. I am wondering if it was put back together properly.

That seal doesn't need to be and shouldn't have been disturbed during a Pamco install. The Pamco plate fits above it, where the old points plate was.

If the oil is coming from the inside of the housing, it's got to be the seal. If the oil was coming from behind the housing on the outside then it could be the o-ring and/or gasket.

Thinking out loud here as a " Friend of Re tightening "
If it is oil
I feel it is a rather big leak larger than I usually see on seals But may well be so
There is some screws in there.
And it is after something has been altered in there something can have come loose

Topp.JPG

37 3 of them
36 is a O ring and
35 is a gasket
in 34 there is the seal that is the most likely problem Its not on the picture but you will see it
If you apply grease on it ( The seal ) before assembly this particular one might be possible to push in with thumbs only.
If tight use a socket of suitable size and pay attention getting it straight in Soft hammer blows on socket
I use sealant on gasket . And if i recall right I even put some on the O ring
Pay attention so it ( O -ring ) stays in the right place.

Yes, someone needs to take that guy's camera away from him, lol. He's a real "hack" and the bike's no gem either. On his sump plate, he's got 3 Allens and 3 of the original hex head bolts. What's up with that? And on his 1st seal install on the advance side, he put the housing back on without the o-ring. Then he installed the notched ring backwards, lol (lip should face out). I hope he enjoys hammer-mechanicing on his bike because he'll be doing lots of it to fix all his screw-ups.

Back