Wanted - Left hand side engine case bolts

girard

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I seem to have misplaced 2 of my engine case cover bolts. a short and a long one. Anybody have some lying around before I have to pay an arm and a leg for 2 bolts?

Just run down to a hardware store and buy 4-6X25 and 2-6X40 Allen head screws and you'll have all of them. You can even get them in
galvanized or black.

Just run down to a hardware store and buy 4-6X25 and 2-6X40 Allen head screws and you'll have all of them. You can even get them in
galvanized or black.

I live in a small town, no source of quality metric bolts. Was just hoping somebody had some lying around

check auto stores that will ship? princess auto will have them. Those bolts aren't critical they don't need to be fancy. don't even realy need them all to run it down the road till replacements arrive. The ones at the front don't do much.

http://www.xs650direct.com/products-48.html

lower engine case srewws, the whole set is only $12.95

yeah i saw that, after shipping will come to $20. Trying to avoid spending $20 on 2 bolts haha. If I have to so be it but would rather not. I live in Canada so the canadian version of that site charges $54 for shipping!!!!!!!!!! for bolts that fit in an envelope. Such robbery its brutal.

I seriously doubt that a business located in Ontario would charge you $54 to ship those bolts to you. Maybe contact them if you found that at their
checkout? I seem to remember free shipping on orders over $150 and a minimal fee like $10 or $12 on smaller orders.

I seriously doubt that a business located in Ontario would charge you $54 to ship those bolts to you. Maybe contact them if you found that at their
checkout? I seem to remember free shipping on orders over $150 and a minimal fee like $10 or $12 on smaller orders.

Notice the weight, 0.4 lbs. Only thing in the cart is the bolts. They only use fedex to ship now. Its a huge rip off. $45 not $54, my bad.

upload_2019-1-21_9-26-29.png

I'd try the contact link and ask them why? Maybe they can throw them in a small package with Canada Post? When I log in I do see some fedex choices, cheapest $23, not sure why yoiurs says $45.33. You are looking at the Canadian site.

Well done Cafefill, I would have thought one of our Canadian friends would have done this already..:cheers:
I should have offered this also to Gerard when I first saw his post.

interested to see actual shipping of 6OZ ish USA to Canada. Also why I dint pipe up. mailing more than the bolts are worth?
PS pass it forward Guzzi'n Phil?

If cafefills bolt plan falls through, I can send you what you need, and I am in the lower mainland.