Looking for a front axle

I'll look and see if I can post up the diffs with a pic. the 71 axle will be shorter, the triples are narrower on the DRUM brake bikes. The 71 is a drum brake....

Here you go, sorry it took so long...

ALL XS650 front axles with ruler.jpg

ALL XS650 front axles with ruler.jpg

search key words

front axle xs1 xs1b xs2 tx650 tx650a xs650 b c d e f g h j special standard 35mm 34mm disk disc drum brake
measure size inch mm cm metric difference year years length change nut thread

It would not be "very difficult" to re-machine a later axle to fit an early bike

This ebay axle set is not right for a 71. That front axle is for a 72 ONLY!

$_57.jpg

YAMAHA FRONT AND REAR AXLES XS1 XS1B XS2 TX650 306-25181 256-25381

While we are plowing this field the rear axles changed length also, I think I have this right,
70-73 are short compared to 74-84

The 72 is an odd ball but you can easily have a later axle turned and threaded. Machine shop shouldn't charge much over $10. I certainly wouldn't.

So looking at the pics you guys have posted it looks like I had the 72 style so kinda a good thing I order a 72 I diameter don't really matter in my cause cause I need to shave it down anyways to run my new wheel reason for this post is because u had my buddy machine my stock axle down so I could us it for my new wheel and he took a little to much off now there is quite a bit of slop in my wheel and you can feel in it wobble in corners I have stopped riding after finding this out in fear of damaging wheel barrings thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it

Back