Looking for air filter foam - source

gentlemanjim

More Wrenchin than Ridin
Reaction score
My Honda Shadow's air cleaner is a simple round perforated basket. Instead of buying the factory art which is overpriced for such a simple piece. I'm looking for a source to just buy about a square foot of foam and wrap the basket stick in the air box and sell the bike. It's just too complicated to have fun with.

They sell replacement foam covers for the paper cartridge filters on lawn mowers. Maybe something would match?
If you've done petes filter conversion it came with a foam cover that can be cut in half and wrapped around the oem basket and seam it back together with a soldering iron on a 6fiddy. I dunno if it would work on a Shadow.

I used 1/2" green foam that I found a local fabric store. Looks and feels just like the Uni filter material, and cost less than 5 bucks to do several XS650 filters.

I recived a Message from John on this subject replacment filter foam some time ago .

Wally........I had some ole Serwin Vega speakers that I was going to throw out that had 1/2 or so insulation in them.......lifetime suppluy there........what ever material you find you can blow through it against your lips to see if it displays too much resitance.

Last edited:
Picture of Johns Filters

Attachments

• XS John.jpg
    XS John.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 110
Uni foam is available in sheets. If you can't find it locally, you can order it from 650 Central.

Back