Look'n for....

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
A guy named Ram Hilly and his cohort .... Shannon Oneil .. got the lead on Ram on this site from a member Thanks

I got a lead for a electrical part from this forum directing me to Ram Hilly... about 5 Nov.... we settled on $60.oo..Paypal.... his account had issues and wouldn't accept the funds for 21 days.... so, he had me send it to his friend.... Shannon Oneil... for the $60.oo.... . and would issue me a refund on the $60.oo sent to him...... which would take 10 days... as to date... no refund.. no replies... email or text... from either .. I should have seen that there were more red flags then a Beiling military parade... :mad::mad:

Sounds like you fell for the old PM to a guy that's got "just what you need!" Invariably the email is a gmail account. That's a very hard to trace scam, we can't see the PM's so no way of knowing they're happening, :sick: UNLESS a member reports them! You can also add me to a conversation if you'd like. That alone will prolly send the rats scurrying. yes F&F paypal to a gmail account "of some guy" is kissing money goodbye. :banghead:

At the VERY LEAST let us know the name of the member that sent you the scam PM so we can ban them!

For what it's worth, I refuse to use the Friends and Family option with paypal unless i know the vendor is upstanding. I'll opt to pay the extra fees if needed to add the extra security of the Paypal guarantees. Nothing is guaranteed these days, but that extra level of protection makes me feel better.

I'll try and find the contact.. but like to assume it was with good intentions..... we all assume members on this forum are stand up guys.... live and learn....I'm out $60.oo..... a buddy found a " good deal " on a 45' HD.... in Florida .... website " Smart Cycle "... wired.... $18,000.oo to the bank.... $18,000.oo ! owner picked it up in person at the bank... .... shipper dispatched ... phony address... Cops were about as helpful as .... Grrrrr ..... :mad::mad::mad:

but like to assume it was with good intentions
No! It's a con game through and through!
Ban em, ban em Danno!

A recent example the member smelled a rat.

Hey Gary, I think your a moderator. Got this message from member Peerkinja. Smells like a scammer.
Hey, have you try asking BigJimmyW13 about the wrench with feeler gauges he has to part out with ? If not i will advice you to ask him because the last time i spoke with him, it's still available and he wants to let it go for a very affordable offer.. You can email him for a fast response.. Ramhilly@outlook.com.. Have a nice day

I banned Peerkinja; IPs were from several locations / VPN servers, only 5 messages, all pretty much generic.
5 messages is the minimum to start PMing grr.

Last edited:
barny.gif

No! It's a con game through and through!
Ban em, ban em Danno!

A recent example the member smelled a rat.

Hey Gary, I think your a moderator. Got this message from member Peerkinja. Smells like a scammer.
Hey, have you try asking BigJimmyW13 about the wrench with feeler gauges he has to part out with ? If not i will advice you to ask him because the last time i spoke with him, it's still available and he wants to let it go for a very affordable offer.. You can email him for a fast response.. Ramhilly@outlook.com.. Have a nice day

I banned Peerkinja; IPs were from several locations / VPN servers, only 5 messages, all pretty much generic.
5 messages is the minimum to start PMing grr.
These folks work so hard at not having to work to make a buck it just frustrates me to no end. :mad:

Damn facebook TT500 group is so full of these scammers its sickening. Their scams seem to change all the time too...its like they all get the same briefings at the scam centers.

Facebook XS650 is full of scammers too. Can't say as I'd ever buy something there. I know the mods give it a good try, but they're jus' plain outnumbered.

Rule #1... never bite on a "friend of a friend" referral. Almost ALWAYS a scam.

Always ask for current VIDEO of parts with the person explaining what you are getting If they aren’t a very active, long standing member.

It takes about 30 seconds to film a video and text it to someone. If they can’t do it, move along.

Ask them to show you something specific in the video… ie close up of the nut on the rear hub, the connector at the end of the red wire… something specific.

At least that way you know they actually have the part in their possession and they are in fact a real person selling their own parts.

Back