Loss of power, PAMCO

Switching to a Pamco should be considered a worthwhile and welcome upgrade. The dual points are a real chore to set accurately and matched between cylinders. To do the job perfectly, you need some special tools (timing light, dwell meter). And then you have to do it all over again in a few thousand miles, and then again, and again, and again ......

Get your timing checked and dialed in, then you can mess with the carbs. The carbs are the last thing you do after all the other tune-up items are taken care of.

Yea, it is just a pain because I've had the carbs off many many times and changed jets, cleaned etc. The only thing I can think of at this point is replacing I guess, now the needles. Also, I've never synced the carbs or tinkered with the diaphragms. But I know for a fact the carbs are spotless given the constant attention I gave to them with carb cleaner and air.

Thanks for all the help gents. It's been great!

From 45 to 30 is a huge change on the pilot jet. AND, you say in your original post that you're having trouble in 3rd and 4th gear. You should be well off the pilot jet by then.
You should be looking at the needle clip position and/or main jet size, if....IF...in fact this is a jetting issue.

When's the last time you did a valve adjustment or put a timing light on it?

I'm running a 145 Main. I'm only so high because when I was tuning the carbs, I had to keep going up a size. 145 just made the bike run best. I have a 2 to 1 exhaust that cuts off just after the rear brake lever. I don't have a bafflle. yes, I know I should get one. Think I should go down on my main jet?

Back