Makeing my SG better

Please share a pic of this when you machine it up. Sounds like an idea.

Right now I'm trying to get this thing to work as it should. Wire colors do not always match the directions. I've applied power and so far no smoke escapes. Directional indicators work . Running wires to find out why the neutral light does not. Then off to the next light...

Last edited:
Progress made! Got the signals and their dash lights working. Neutral and high beam indicator lights working. My connections at the dash were OK it was changes I made in the wiring that was mucked up. I still have to get the alternator wiring straitened up. Reassemble the bike and start her up and see if the tach and speedo work. Took a few times but I think the dash is calibrated to the front wheel and the tach set for 2 cylinder. It's late and I'm throwing in the towel for now.

Last edited:
Hey AzMan, curious where you hooked up the tach signal. I have mine working, and hooked it up on one of the wires on the coil, but after doing some reading I read that the coil isn't the best place to hook it up. Just looking for a possibly better alternative.

MaxPete, here are some pics. Magnets are not countersunk yet, but they haven't moved a bit since putting them on there.
IMG_20171014_082102.jpg
IMG_20171014_082243.jpg

I posted above what I did with the 4 "new" air tubes I got with Machine's airboxes. The 3rd air hole and 2 of my tubes were bent so I used the other 2 tubes from the other airbox cover. So now I have 6 straight air tubes. I believed that they are to quiet the incoming air and straighten out the airflow. I did drill 3 more holes in the lid to allow more air to the carb. The change of breather to the larger and dual outlet. Reasoning is air with oil spray is shooting up and back from the crankcase. I hits the top and starts back. With the tiny, one outlet breather, a lot of oil can be ejected out. With the larger breather, the oil can lose velocity and it hits baffles and can drain to the bottom and be sucked back to the crankcase. Maybe I'm nuts with this thinking. Anyways, what vapors that do escape go down the hose and through the brake booster valve and then through the stock 90* molder tube to connect to the airbox. Maybe it isn't the best looking system, but it works.

Back