Mikesxs gas shocks

Tz250racer

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
To my surprise I found no gas or air coming out from the tire valve fitting on my new gas shock.The reservoirs where totaly empty.

Don't use air to pressurize a gas shock. The air/oil will diesel and grenade the shock. Only use nitrogen and vent out all the air.

Tom Graham

I tought the shocks supposed to be filled when shipped.Where do I supposed to get nitrogen?.I beat the shocks have no oil either inside.Whi oil when are gas shocks?.

Gas shocks should be filled by the manufacturer before shipment. The consumer should never tamper with the valve because the volume of gas in the shock is very small, and even the little bit that escapes when someone screws up and checks the pressure with a tire gauge makes a big difference; I don't know if Mike's XS will be willing to take your word for it that the shocks arrived empty. If Mike's doesn't know or won't share the specs, a shop may be able to make an educated guess as to what pressure should be.

Gentlemanjim, I didn't want to say that those Chinese gassers are trash since I get jumped on for excessive Mike's bashing, but I'm sure glad you did! Those shocks are also too short for performance use. A pair of US-made Progressive Suspension Series 14 oil-damped shocks in 13-1/2" length will deliver vastly superior performance for around $200 with springs. I haven't used YSS shocks, but they look like good value for about the same money.

hi guys ... i,m seriously thinking of investing in a new set of mikes piggyback shocks,, and i did think that the manufacturer would have charged them as well as set up the correct oil in them i may have tooooooo pester mikesxs as i new a new item to make me feel happy at the moment regards oldbiker

Mikes shocks are crap!! I'm sorry but I bought them with high hopes. They look good but that goes away with the springs from rubbing the chain. Yes I even added washers. But they do look good.

I have the same issue with the shock spring interfering with the chain. I was considering a spacer washer too. Did you get them to work or replace? Mine are brand new but they have been sitting around for a lot longer than Mikes return policy allows for, not that I have had good service with them within the allowed time frame.

Back