Mock up.

Nice Triumph! 😍
IMG_6469.jpeg

Looking for a little guidance. I am going to use the xs performance disks on the front. The problem is, I can't find spacers to move the rotors away from center. They came with 5mm spacers to move the calipers in. Looks kinda corny. Are there any suppliers that carry 5mm spacers that fit between the hub and rotor. I looked back through posts and couldn't find any direct answers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_215615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_215615_Gallery.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230926_060510_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230926_060510_Gallery.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Looking for a little guidance. I am going to use the xs performance disks on the front. The problem is, I can't find spacers to move the rotors away from center. They came with 5mm spacers to move the calipers in. Looks kinda corny. Are there any suppliers that carry 5mm spacers that fit between the hub and rotor. I looked back through posts and couldn't find any direct answers.
Like my Welsh Flat Tracker build, spacers may need to be sourced from an engineering shop to your personal specifications.
This route saves a lot of time and hunting for one off bits that really dont exist off the shelf.

Like my Welsh Flat Tracker build, spacers may need to be sourced from an engineering shop to your personal specifications.
This route saves a lot of time and hunting for one off bits that really dont exist off the shelf.
Thanks, really appreciate the help. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had here.

My mindset controls and headlight bracket showed up yesterday.
Every time I would throw my leg over the bike me feet would settle on the bolts holding the original pegs giving me a very comfortable and neutral position. I chose the full kit from Cognito moto. Nice stuff.
The headlight bracket is from Omega Racer. Polished stainless steel. Found the on their site months ago out of stock. Kept checking and finally three, yes three, Ah,Ah,Ah,Ahhh! Became available. Got mine. Back to mock-up.

Attachments

• 20231228_111349.jpg
    20231228_111349.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231228_182416.jpg
    20231228_182416.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 43
Purchased the fairing on ebay. Cost $60 bucks. Acrylic solid black. It fits nicely around the headlight I think the factory ears can work. I am going a different direction so I didn't spend any time trying to fit it. It is made for Triumph. I do not think it is plug and play on our motorcycles.

Bike is looking great. You have some really nice parts on it. What can you tell us about the little fairing?
I purchased the fairing on eBay. Cost was $60.00 i
Purchased the fairing on ebay. Cost $60 bucks. Acrylic solid black. It fits nicely around the headlight I think the factory ears can work. I am going a different direction so I didn't spend any time trying to fit it. It is made for Triumph. I do not think it is plug and play on our motorcycles.
I am going to try to use this.

Over the holiday I was able to dry fit the tapered bearings, fork and little Fairing. Looks a little empty without the headlight bucket. But, looks like It will work with a couple spacers. Will also need to fab a little something to attach it to the yoke. Lines up nice.
Thinking FAR ahead, I want to use the original 1975 Tank and cover graphics. Question; Is the tank the right shape for this? I was told it looked like one from Mike's. Second Question ; Who supplies Quality reproduction graphics. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240101_125221.jpg
    20240101_125221.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240101_124408.jpg
    20240101_124408.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 34
Over the holiday I was able to dry fit the tapered bearings, fork and little Fairing. Looks a little empty without the headlight bucket. But, looks like It will work with a couple spacers. Will also need to fab a little something to attach it to the yoke. Lines up nice.
Thinking FAR ahead, I want to use the original 1975 Tank and cover graphics. Question; Is the tank the right shape for this? I was told it looked like one from Mike's. Second Question ; Who supplies Quality reproduction graphics. Thanks!
I does look to me to be a repop tank sold by MikesXS. 1975 graphic decals will fit it.
https://www.diablocycle.com/XS650B-1975-European-Model-Gas-Tank-Decal-Set.html
1704200390670.png

I agree with Marty. That tank looks like a Mike's reproduction unit. Mailman put one of those on his '77 build. A '75 tank has a completely different filler and lock/latch assembly. I am not sure on the actual shapes of each though. I do happen to have a 77 and 75 tank at home in the shop I can compare after work tonight though.

I agree with Marty. That tank looks like a Mike's reproduction unit. Mailman put one of those on his '77 build. A '75 tank has a completely different filler and lock/latch assembly. I am not sure on the actual shapes of each though. I do happen to have a 77 and 75 tank at home in the shop I can compare after work tonight though.
cool, thank you.

Back