Motogadget M unit

Power with a capacitor?
Capacitors temporarily store power and self discharge pretty rapidly. In the most simple terms they are primarily used to stabilize power (like a shock absorber). There are "super caps' that are better at storing power (for a few seconds) to deal with power disconnects and such.
Capacitors are not batteries.

Are you trying to run your bike w/o a Battery?

I'm not versed with running w/o a starter and what you need to make for stable power.

Power with a capacitor?
Capacitors temporarily store power and self discharge pretty rapidly. In the most simple terms they are primarily used to stabilize power (like a shock absorber). There are "super caps' that are better at storing power (for a few seconds) to deal with power disconnects and such.
Capacitors are not batteries.

Are you trying to run your bike w/o a Battery?

I'm not versed with running w/o a starter and what you need to make for stable power.
I don’t see why you couldn’t, unless the power of the capacitor overwhelmed the smart circuit breaker’s

would it be possible to power the M unit with a capacitor?
thanks
Personally, I seriously doubt it. You need power on the M unit to switch the power onto the ignition system since the M unit suplies all circuits including ignition. Without a battery, the M unit is just a paperweight.

But as you're in the UK, I would message or call these guys who will tell you for certain what you can do -

https://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/

Capacitors are meant for ultra minimal bikes. Like headlight and tail light only. It's not designed to run an entire motorcycle, especially with everything the m unit replaces and does. Just get an Antigravity 401 battery if you are kick only. It'll be able to do the m unit without taking up much space at all and you'll be all the better for it

Back