Motorcycle Show

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score

This Friday and Saturday was the yearly vintage motorcycle show and swap meet held at the fairgrounds in St. Paul Mn.
Over 100 vendors on the swap meet grounds.... I scored a powder coated battery box, fork seals and a headlight for a XS.. total.. $5.oo. No rollers..no complete XS units and very few parts.
Bikes on display (177) and other vendors inside the building. The green Yamaha got best in the Yamaha class. Photos include all of the XS units that made the show.

The VJMC hands out large wrenches as awards in each class. The wrenches have the size and other lettering removed.. then chromed and laser etched with the award class. The large adjustable wrench is the Presidents award and given to best in show.

Saturday awoke with big thunderstorms which didn't help the vendors. Friday was perfect weather. The Cushman dealer sign.... nice, double sided.. lighted... $5800.oo.

Attachments

• Xs show 3.jpg
    Xs show 3.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Xs show 1.jpg
    Xs show 1.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Xs show 2.jpg
    Xs show 2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 138
  • Xs show 4.jpg
    Xs show 4.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Xs show 5.jpg
    Xs show 5.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Xs show 7.jpg
    Xs show 7.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Xs show 8.jpg
    Xs show 8.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Xs show 9.jpg
    Xs show 9.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Xs show 1st aid box.jpg
    Xs show 1st aid box.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Xs show Cushman.jpg
    Xs show Cushman.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 181
  • Xs show awards.jpg
    Xs show awards.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics.
I am curious about the bike in picture #2, the yellow and black XS650 hard tail. Looks like the builder went with a speed-hole theme -- there are even speed holes in the outer rim of the wheels. Do you have a detail pic of the engine? It looks like he put speed holes in the cylinder and head fins.

I didn't take detail photos.. sorry..... and I placed a fake donut in the first aid box because.. first time I show'd the bike.. a " buddy " put a real one in there..... by the way... the cops love the donut in the box.

Thanks for the pics.
I am curious about the bike in picture #2, the yellow and black XS650 hard tail. Looks like the builder went with a speed-hole theme -- there are even speed holes in the outer rim of the wheels. Do you have a detail pic of the engine? It looks like he put speed holes in the cylinder and head fins.

In the same picture, the 3rd bike back looks just like my 1st motorcycle, a 1967 305 Yamaha.

Thanks for sharing Mike, Any idea if That TX650A's Paint is close to the original Vegas Green..........Don't see many green machine's

Back