Motorcycle Work Table

Backroader

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has any one made a work table from wood.
I am looking into putting one together... Plywood and 2 x 6.
Width of the table, guessing 36" and length of 96".
Not sure what height is managable .... Kind of thinking 24", given the bike will have to rolled up on a ramp.
I don't want to spend $1200.00 on a fancy air lift model.
I have a small lift, however they restrict access to the under side of the engine.
Any thoughts... Feel free to chime in.

Get a low roller chair the height you want to sit with the bike motor at the height to suit you and your at your height :thumbsup:

I made mine at 36" and it works fine, but I don't have the bike up on it. I use it to do anything that isn't attached to the bike. Anything attached... Well let's just say I sit on the floor a lot.

I found this plan on the net. I plan to build one for my bike soon but I will change the dimensions a little bit. 96" long x 32" width x 24" height. I still hesitate about the model I'm gonna use but this one is very simple. If someone else build another model which work fine, let us know.

work_table01.jpg

That's not bad looking. The design uses up the plywood, gives it more structural strength.

The casters would have to be locking.

Thanks

I recently made one out of 2x4's and 3/4" plywood. It is 18" high, 8' long, and 2' wide. It cost about $20 in lumber and took about 20 minutes to build. It is simple and affordable and seems to work just fine.

0204121333.jpg

Back