Mounting a GPS

curt698

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have a GPS/Smart phone mounted on an XS? If you do I'd love to see pics. Also how hard is it to read, keep stable with the vibes.

Thanks,
Dave

my main bike is an 08 raider nd i looked at the expensive mounts in jp cycles. but im cheap nd went with a tank bag insted. u can run the functions and see it quit nicely. my garmins battery life isnt the greatest so deff look into a 12v adapter 4 the bike if ur goin on long rides.

Gaaa! Gps is the bane to mankind!
One differance between men and women is that men have an inherant mapping ability, prolly an important atavistic thing from way back when we were looking for something warm, wet and willing, and longed to return to the same place from time to time.
I think we started loosing it sometime around Moses's day 'cause he was out in the wilderness for 40 years and wouldn't ask for directions (or something).HA!
No gps for me, thanks, need to exercise the natural manly mapping!( now, where the hell am I?)

nj,

On a Saturday afternoon I'd agree with you but I am going to ride into to work on occasion. I'm a sales guy and have to find clients office in time for an appointment and the GPS helps with that a lot.

No GPS for me either but if I had to mount one I'm guessing a little duct tape, zip ties and bailing wire. Works everytime

just put it in your pocket, and take it out turn it on if you get lost.
Do you really trust your xs enuf to get you A to B on the job? I'm not questioning your mechanical skills, but, really?
please don't be offended, i'm just curious.

i know my phone would not be loud enuf for use on a motorcycle, especially if any opening of the exhaust has been done

Do you really trust your xs enuf to get you A to B on the job? I'm not questioning your mechanical skills, but, really?
please don't be offended, i'm just curious.

I'm not at all offended and it is more than fair to question my skills too, they are lacking. I am working slowly towards a goal. Right now my farthest drive has been about 5 miles from home. However I hope that once I get the final tuning done on the carbs and few other items sorted out I can stretch that to 40 miles or so.

Back