My 79 XS650 Build Thread

lookin' good! I like the blog. Like the bike even better. :)
Want to recommend a place to source the tiny battery?
thx

lookin' good! I like the blog. Like the bike even better. :)
Want to recommend a place to source the tiny battery?
thx

Thanks, Em.

I found that battery on Ebay. Price was $90.00-$100.00 There are a ton of them on there. Just search for "Lithium Ballistic".

Rich

Last edited:
I have been looking around because I thought you had a thread on exactly how you put the remote setup and electrical together, but I can't find it. It is a killer setup. Great blog too.

Tampa, do you have any pictures of the top motor mount you built for your project? Trying to get an idea of what other people did with the Wassel peanut style tank.

You know I rally like the look of this bike. I have a local bike shop lined up to hardtail my project and I have been really wavering between a 3" and a 4" stretch. After reading your build blog I have an answer. Axle plates that give me the option to go between the two. Not sure why I never thought of that. Thanks Elswick.

I am leaning toward going with 21" hoops laced to my hubs on the front and back, with dualsport tires. Where did you get the deep tunnel wassel? Did you have to do any modification to get it to fit with the upper mounts?

Clean bike with a great look. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Decide on a color scheme yet?

Hey Rich

I am new to riding and want to copy your bike. Is there any way we can connect on the major components materials lists, just a quick conversation.
Thanks.

Randy

Back