Need new carbs for my 1980 special!! Help!

Lyam

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone. First post, first bike, first build. Picked up a mint 1980 special, without carbs however. I need to get an out of province inspection done before I can start digging in. So I need to get a new set ordered and I'm not sure which ones to go with. There's a PWK Carb kit on mikes xs that I like the idea of, but I don't think I could get it shipped to Canada and I'm not sure how easy it'd be to install. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 192
Check out the CVK carbs from an EX500. With a little jetting these work very well and are less expensive than a set of PWK's from mikes or a set of VM34's. If you have the manifolds/carb boots for the original BS34's that came on the bike the CVK's fit right on. You may be able to find a set of the original BS34's in the classifieds at a reasonable price as well.

PWKs have had horrible reviews for the most part, For the least amount of work, a set of stock bs34's are going to be easiest. Be prepared to completely over haul them though. Plus PWK wont work with stock airbox setup, if that matters to you

Last edited:
Look at 650Direct for the Canadian "Mikes" Welcome aboard

Back