New bike + new member = stoked

Screaming Meemie

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all! New to the forum due to the fact that I just bought a '79 Heritage Special! Bought it from the original owner with almost 23k miles for a cool $740 :thumbsup: Not new to the 70's bike, Yamaha, or twin cylinder game but this is my 1st 4-stroke and 1st street bike.. unless youre counting the enduro's, which you shouldnt :D

Anywho, im from MN, but live in Bozeman, MT for most of the year thanks to school, & the bike travels with me of course. Havent dug into 'er too much yet, but EVERYTHING works! New battery, newer tires, maybe 1500 miles in the last 10 years. Im stoked :bike: Plannin' on starting a build thread when that time comes, but for now it's just going to get some dirtbike bars, some paint on the rims & forks, a few trim pieces removed (aka: luggage rack) and maybe some pod filters/exhaust mods. Was so excited to chop a bike but now that i have one the stock equipment is starting to look kinda pretty! haha... most importantly it's gonna get ridden! Glad to be here!

Attachments

• 0716131910.jpg
    0716131910.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 0716131910a.jpg
    0716131910a.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 93
Welcome to the forum! As you said, it's a good idea to ride it awhile before you start heavy modification. Swap out the bars for a better look and better handling/comfort. Get all the various systems working perfectly. By then you'll realize what a great platform these old bikes are for whatever you'd like to do.

roy

Welcome to the forum and the Gallopin' Valley (Bozeman). Bike looks nice. Lots of great places to ride in the area too. Have fun with it all...............Wesley

Thanks guys! New bars are on the way and I lined up a spray-gun to use to paint the wheels and forks black. That plus a cheapo seat re-cover, drilling the stock pipe's end baffles, removing the luggage rack & relocating the rear flashers is all im going to do before winter I think. Maybe try to scoot the forks up in the clamps to get her a bit lower. Has anybody developed any squirrely-ness at speed as a result of doing that? pics when the bars come.

Back