new carbs????

ClOckwOrk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a brand new set of carbs? Mine are thrashed. Previous owner had them all f*#ked up and stripped every screw. The fuel screws are seized and stripped fully in. I'd like to get new stock rack carbs if possible. All i see on mikes are aftermarket carbs amd I don't want to start from scratch. anyone know where i can get stock carbs?

Posted via Mobile

I'd post a wanted in the classifieds here. Add things like whether your looking for bs 34 or 38's year of the bike. Also there are people in the shops area that do full rebuilds on your originals that make them like brand new. worth a look

Thanks,, i know of rebuild shops and that is the second option, but I'd really like brand new ones if they are around. Price point is not a concern

Posted via Mobile

If your original ones are the BS34's a good swap is a set of CVK carbs from an EX500. That is what I am running on mine and it was pretty straight forward as far as fitment to the original carb boots. However if you are planning on using the stock air filter arrangement this may not be the route for you. If you have any questions I will gladly share what I have found to work with my setup.

If you want new/n.o.s. yamaha carbs,you can try Speed and Sport. Got a pair of 38's a few years back for around $600.00. You will probably need to have the OEM part# for each carb. also. Good luck.

Back