New game: Which bike brought the most money at auction?

Alright, you guys were all in agreement that the Ducati would take it…….and you were right! 👍🏻

The results are….

1. $15,250
IMG_5590.png
2. $13,550
IMG_5588.png
3. $12,000
IMG_5589.png

Ok here’s the results, and a question….( Is this something you guys are interested in seeing continue? )

Coming in first……the one of a kind Kawasaki Ninja at an eye watering $55,000! 😳

View attachment 241881

Next up the rare Willie G. Boat Tail Super Glide at $34,100

View attachment 241882

And coming in third ( but first place in my heart ❤️ ) the beautiful TRX75 Hurricane
View attachment 241883
That Harley is one of the fugliest H-Ds I've ever seen.

Were they not Monumentally Impopular in earlier Years the Boat tail
vague memory of reading about one importing here paying 1- 2 k less than another version

Were they not Monumentally Impopular in earlier Years the Boat tail
vague memory of reading about one importing here paying 1- 2 k less than another version

Yes when it was first released it was a dud. Some dealers even went as far as replacing that rear body section with regular fenders just to sell them.

Agreed but collectors love the boat tail. I’ve seen two complete ones sell out of Wisconsin in the last few years for just north of 20k each, they were however repainted(factory correct) and not 100 point bikes.
That's why ice cream comes in lots of different flavors. I really shouldn't talk about other people's tastes, I like early Ford Falcons and AMC Gremlins and Hornets.

Another motorcycle that was a sales clunker when new was the “Bathtub” Triumph. Designed to keep a gentleman’s trousers clean while riding in the rain, they were met with disdain in the U.S.
American dealers were stripping them off of new bikes as soon as they were uncrated and thrown in heaps behind the shop. Now they too are very collectible. I think they have a very unique at deco style. 😍
IMG_5592.jpegIMG_5594.jpegIMG_5593.jpeg

Ok, I told you I had another all Yamaha lineup and here it is. Today’s contenders, you know what to do.

First up, a 1976 Yamaha XT500 ( I owned one of these bad boys! )
IMG_5567.jpeg

Next up, a 1966 Yamaha YDS3C 250cc Big Bear Scrambler
IMG_5563.jpeg

And last up, a 1983 Yamaha 650 Turbo
IMG_5560.jpeg

Gentleman place your bets! 😎

I häve the same as Mr Bultaco

Turbo does not work on MC because the throttle response is unpredictable
Off road being expensive cant see that

Probably wrong again some Tycoon paying for the Turbo

Back