New guy doing a XS650 project. HELP!!

I know the gas cap issue hasn't been resolved yet, but just to throw the next thing out there take a look at this.

project 003.jpg

Do yousee the hole's in the frame? Looks like there are holes in the seat for bolts, that line up with the holes in the frame.

I overlooked the screw holes in the seat. I see how that attaches now. I'm going to have to drill new holes in the frame probably though because the ones in it are not in a good spot. :doh:

I've bounced around on a couple different threads asking questions about my project, but wanted to just post a pic of what I've done so I thought here would be a good place. Yesterday I shaved the powder coating off the edge of the fins to add accents and mounted the apes to see how they look. What do yall think?

78 apes.jpg

Those apes look pretty tall. 15"?

I like the short rear shocks.

It's hard to see what's been done to the fins on the engine. Have better pictures of the engine and the exhaust?

:agree: That's a pretty small pic without any closer ups on the areas that you're asking. Although I do like the apes in general so that's a gold star from me!

Hey guys,

Been a pretty hectic last 6 months or so. Hopefully things have slowed down now and I can get back to my project. I'll try to recap where I left off and what I need to get this baby going.

The last day I worked on her I had the bs38's I bought off ebay on and had just installed the pet chickens and ran my lines. I hooked jumper cables up and tried to crank several times. It turned over strong, but wouldn't catch and stay running.

To keep gas from sloshing out the previously customized cap oppening I had put duct tape over it. I cant see paying $200 plus for that cap it had been modified for so I've been considering buying a new tank all together. TC Brothers on ebay has this one that I like. My first concern is that it is only made for one pet chicken. Is this a pro or con or just personal preference?

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 61
One petcock will work fine. You can run the one petcock to a tee and feed both carbs. You can run from petcock to one carb and plug off the fuel inlet barb on the other carb. The fuel crossover will feed fuel to both carbs.
On your "ready to run" carbs they probably need cleaning. The idle passages and the holes where the fuel flows into the carb throat are tiny and plug easily.
www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf is a carb guide written by Grizld1 and 5twins, our resident carb guru's. Down load it, read it, print it out, read it until you understand it.

Back