new guy intro

jerd61

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

I signed up a couple of months ago, and figured it was time for my intro. I've had bikes for about 12 years now, and got my first xs650 last summer. It has been a bike I have been after for awhile now, I just had to clear up enough space for another one. Well, now I'm down to just one bike, and I'm just as happy with the xs (although I regret selling the cb750f that was my first street bike, and my first big project bike):banghead: Anyway, looking forward to getting to know the members here, and hopefully I can help out a little bit. Here are a couple of pictures of my bike, the day I got it, and then after I changed a few things last summer.

Attachments

• 2011-07-09_13-50-05_905.jpg
    2011-07-09_13-50-05_905.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 2011-08-14_09-31-54_144.jpg
    2011-08-14_09-31-54_144.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 136
Well, as of now, just ride it! :bike: Once the weather gets better that is. When i got it, it was sort of a runner, the guy I bought it from knew just enough to mess a bunch of stuff up. The bike had obviously been down, the turn signals were mis-matched, the paint is poorly redone, and the steering stop was bent. I checked her over real well and ended up buying it. It needed the carbs gone through (p.o. assembled the slides wrong), new battery, new tires, alternator brushes, and it had the wrong seat on it (something yamaha, but not an xs650 piece). I've mostly done cosmetic stuff as of now, cut the seat foam down to make it flat, changed out the bars, put bar end mirrors on it, cut the front fender, changed out the blinkers and headlight mounts and probably some more I forgot. Next winter I have plans to tear it all down again, and rebuild/refinish most of it. Lots in the works, but since its my only bike right now, I want to be able to ride once spring hits.

Nice to see another member from the Midwest! I'm not too far from Burnsville myself. Looks like a solid bike, and I'm liking the seat.

Did'ja guys see the 750 kit on the Minneapolis craigslist yesterday?
Nice looking bike is it the 78?

Back