New tach came with a vibration warning...

the_nutt

Have Fun
Reaction score
I just got a small electronic tach, and it came with a vibration warning on the box. Given how much these XS's shake, and that I usually fab the simplest brackets out of mild steel to hard mount, do you guys have any suggestions for mounting this? Should I even worry about potential vibration damage?

Cheers,
Cody

Attachments

• tachv.jpg
    tachv.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 68
Thats a nice gauge. Where did you get it?
As for a soft clamp. You could always get one of the electrical clamps from homedepot that are wrapped in rubber and place it around the handlebars. Im sure there's plenty of options.

Thats a nice gauge. Where did you get it?
As for a soft clamp. You could always get one of the electrical clamps from homedepot that are wrapped in rubber and place it around the handlebars. Im sure there's plenty of options.

Electronics department at the Depot is a good idea. Just trying to survey for best practices/applications before I dive in.

I got the tach from Dime City Cycles.

Herm. Just fyi, you realize thats an electronic tach?
I was going to get the same thing cable driven and I noticed the price difference.

A bunch of stock stuff on an XS has the rubber grommet/sleeve/bolt type mount, repurpose one of those to the new gauge mount.
some places the XS uses them
rear fender
stock GAUGES!
various electrical modules.
taillight and tail light bracket.
I would rubber mount it, with a warning like that they know it's hand grenade capable.

Herm. Just fyi, you realize thats an electronic tach?
I was going to get the same thing cable driven and I noticed the price difference.

Yeah, I know its an electric one. I needed a cable also, and this one cost the same as a mechanical tach + cable, and there'll be less cables and bullshit everywhere.

You have an interesting avatar.........

I was in a bicycle accident a few years ago, and the first thing I did when I woke up the next morning was have my wife take a photo of the carnage. Then a talented friend of mine did an oil painting from the photo.

I had a small cable drive tach it lasted about 4,000 miles ( it was not rubber mounted)

Yeesh. Rubber mounting it is then I guess.

Back