Newbie Brat build, needs help for dummies

mxman

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hei.
I have justed started my brat build, its time for new gas tank and wiring. I need some help with this. I have no expericne at all with the electrical, have just been spinning wrenches on dirtbikes before :)

First question, what are the holes under the tank for ? 2 for petcocks ? whats the last for ?

And could someone you say the name of the electrical parts and what it does ? Explain it for a dummy that has not english as his first language. what part most been connect to earth, solenoid (el part 5 ? ?) is for the starter, can i just skip this one ?

I also have som have som holes on the top of the engine i woundred whats for ? and what to do with them ? only put a hose with a small "airfilter" on ? i think i saw someone do that.

Best regard Øystein, from Norway :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 121
more pictures

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 114
re: fuel tank
One hole for the petcock if you a going to run with just one. The other two would be to equalize the fuel from side to side? Without that you would have fuel left on one side.

re: fuel tank
One hole for the petcock if you a going to run with just one. The other two would be to equalize the fuel from side to side? Without that you would have fuel left on one side.

How would you equalise the tank? Connect the two with a tube or something? I got the same 3 holes and I just put bungs in the two I didn't use.....:confused:

Back