not big enough

slammed94

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
i just picked up this big for a heck of a deal i know nothing about bikes though i put the tc bros hard tail on last weekend and now im trying to decide what to run and a tank because the tank looks to small for the frame does any one have any

994031_10151922553240365_1926849168_n.jpg

1374925_10151922553195365_444539758_n.jpg

1374376_10151922553120365_597415011_n.jpg

Your pics don't show up. You know nothing about bikes and you are cutting one up. Shouldn't you learn to ride a stock bike before you butcher one?
Leo

we all knew nothing at one time. his learning curve is just a lot steeper than some one that grew up on beater enduro's.
maybe OCD?
Thinking a tank is too small is from point of perspective. If your looking for distance, a bigger tank is needed. if looking for personal style, its up to you, not us.

welcome to the forum! your pics aren't working, and not all of us are ball busting grumps to new guys.

Last edited:
hell ya dude, dig the bike. i see what you mean by it the tank looks small. try some shorter forks, maybe a front fender might help the look, or just go bigger on the tank. id also strap that bike down and maybe not have it so high off the ground, just my opinion though. id hate to see that thing fall from such a height. its a long bike so itll have a lot of gaps if you keep it stripped down. can we get a photo with the bike on the ground? id love to see how it sits.

You could go with a king sporty tank. They are bigger than the standard ones. Not sure if they're longer. I could go out and measure a couple in the shed if needed.

The length of my tank is 15 i don't know much about motorcycles but I'm not a total newbie I have had a. Few dirt bikes I have always been into cars just got done bagging my s10 and I'm building a. 52 Chevy deluxe this bike seemed like a good deal so I couldn't pass it up

Maybe something that is channeled instead of perched on top of the frame?
Something like a Honda Rebel tank or Yamahas XV?
It would flow down the long backbone and fill in some of the airspace in front of the motor?

I like that bike!! I'm not wild about those TC Bros.tails but it looks good on that bike. Put your sporty tank where you want it up near the neck,and start mocking up cardboard to stretch the tank,and see what you like. A stretched tank might look really good on it. You might be able to get a good deal on some Jessie James stuff on ebay. It seems he fell off the planet,and you might find a good deal???

Back