Oil Delivery Pipe

YL82

Perpetual Restorationist
Reaction score
I assume this leads into the crankcase. Where exactly does it empty ( or feed from) in the crankcase? I may have gotten some crap down in the cavity by mistake and I'm not sure whether to try to vacuum it out or flush it out the bottom with a solvent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I know now that the oil delivery pipe passage leads to the oil filter screen and oil pump on the right cover as well as being connected to the crankcase (someplace).

Actually it doesn't lead anywhere. If it lead some where the oil would flow from the oil line into that hole and go somewhere.
It don't work that way. Oil flows up out of that hole to the oil line to deliver oil to the head.
If you look in the diagram gggGary posted oil flows from the pump to the filter to an oil gallery that runs across the engine This oil gallery Feeds the oil line to the head as well as ports that squirt oil on the rod big ends. There are passages of this gallery that feed oil to the two center crank bearings. At the end a passage feeds oil to the left side crank bearing and back to the transmission.
Technically when you start the engine Oil flow will push anything you got down that hole up and into the oil line to the head.
Flushing the stuff out will push the stuff not just back to the oil filter/pump but into the crank bearings and tranny as well as run out the ports for the rod big ends to run down into the crank case.
If I was worried about a bit of stuff falling in that hole I would use a vacuum.
Leo

Back