Wanted - On the lookout for 18" front and rear wheel.

Rlauchard

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am looking for a good condition spoke front and rear 18".

I am looking to keep the drum brake for the rear.

Any help is MUCH appreciated...in the parts gathering before a build.

Just in case you didn't know, these sizes were never available as stock Yamaha pieces for an XS 650, so you are going to have to build your own, using stock hubs with aftermarket rims and spokes.
I just finished building a set of 18s for my bike, and (ask me how I know) there are differences in the hole angles when using rims that were designed for drum brakes on a disc brake build, and vice versa. Unless you cana 100% verify what the rims came off of, you might be better to go to someone like Buchanan's (NFI) and order up exactly what you need...
Good luck!

most rear wheels are 18" and fronts are 19" rear mag wheels can be disk or drum
all spoke rear wheels are drum(xs650 any ways) if it helps !!!!

I'm not smart....there...it's out there.

These two posts seem to contradict each other. ive been reading on the site and it seems to me that standards had an 18" rear, came in spokes, and had a drum.

I have a special, it has a 16" rear. I want to run 18's on both front and back. This seems possible, but then unclesol says they were never made.

This is becoming more "garage" and less "wanted" by the second.

Dblwolf...see my previous post...I'm not smart. Xs400 wheel...is that front or back...is it swap in no fabrication? What kind of shape, cost...pics? Thanks for responding

So....I'm totally bummed. I'm working in NY this week and got pulled into an emergency meeting (we sell pants and shirts...what's the emergency?!?), and it overlapped a 1977 rear 18" drum spoked wheel on EBAY that went for 67$ + shipping. I missed it. missed it, missed it.

So...asking again...ANYONE???? Have an 18" rear, spoked, drum wheel that might sell? It doesn't have to be in perfect shape, or polished...I want to black powdercoat it.

So, I guess I mean....bump.

Sorry for my late response man! Its drum brake, but I do not have the hub. The axle is 2mm smaller than stock xs650 so youd need to have some shims machined or an xs650 axle machined down. I'd probably sell it for 50 plus shipping, its in great shape. if you want pics let me know

So....I'm totally bummed. I'm working in NY this week and got pulled into an emergency meeting (we sell pants and shirts...what's the emergency?!?), and it overlapped a 1977 rear 18" drum spoked wheel on EBAY that went for 67$ + shipping. I missed it. missed it, missed it.

So...asking again...ANYONE???? Have an 18" rear, spoked, drum wheel that might sell? It doesn't have to be in perfect shape, or polished...I want to black powdercoat it.

So, I guess I mean....bump.

I think I have one I'll check in the morning,$75.00 + shipping if i still have it I think it's painted black.:bike:

Attachments

• Picture 2 162.jpg
    Picture 2 162.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 2 164.jpg
    Picture 2 164.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture 2 163.jpg
    Picture 2 163.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 2 165.jpg
    Picture 2 165.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 45
Many, many thanks to Dirty Dog...great guy, we met 1/2 way between our places of residence. I got an 18" rear spoked drum for trade.....closed search.

Back