One wire kill switch???

triniriderz

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just about to get a new kill switch the normal universal type with two wires coming from the unit when out of nowhere I have found a switch in the shed.. I have no idea when or why I got it though!!!:doh:...

It looks to be a one wire unit does anyone have a idea of fitting info as I have only ever used the two wire one's

link to switch type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-HORN-B...63?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item563ee613ab

it only has one hole with a screw clamp to hold the wire in place.. Or do you put the power and earth line togeather in the same unit and it grounds on its self??...

If the last sentence was a load of noise then please ignore!!

If you are running a Pamco ignition, or the yamaha electronic, dont use a one wire. If ya leave the key on it will cook the ignition! Yes it just grounds the coil out on the minus (earth) side of the coil. The stock Xs switch is a normally closed switch, and open on stop, preventing power to go to the coil(s) in the stop position. Your safest bet for any ignition on an XS is the stock type.

Run a wire from the negative coil lead to the button. When you push the button, it grounds out the coil to the handlebar and the motor dies.

Of course, it will only work if your handlebar is grounded so you may still have to run a second wire to ground the handlebar to the frame.

Back