Paint in the UK

Went for an XS2 replica colour scheme on my '78 XS650SE. Didn't have any colour codes so I showed the painter some pictures and he kind of guessed. The tank is I believe silver with multiple layers of translucent orange applied over.

View attachment 262628
Nice paint ,any idea how the pinstripes were done ,ie painted or vinyl ?

Nice paint ,any idea how the pinstripes were done ,ie painted or vinyl ?
It's all painted. The painter was Neil Wetherley, who works locally on car bodywork but takes on motorbike work as a sideline. Its a replica tank bought new from Jerry Heiden and was black so I believe Neil built up the paint by masking off the black bits then painting yellow all over, then masking the yellow pinstripes and doing the silver base coat and so on. He did a lovely job. And he had to re-do the mudguard after Mrs Blunders reversed into the bike on one of its first outings . . .

Hi all, I have been in touch with a recomended sprayer in the UK. Have spoken with him and he has asked for the original paint codes for the base and orange colour. This is for a 1971 XS1b Had a look on the forums but there seems to be different answers. Has anyone had there tin respryed in the UK with the candy Orange. Thanks Pete
Hi ,I've just had some yamaha mandarin paint put in an aerosol for me from a place called paint 4u in ne lincs , not sure if they are nation wide but they do mail order ,the guy was very surprised when he put a search in on his colour mac
Screenshot_20240313-194012.jpg
hine and it came back with 1972 xs650 orange .

Back