Penetrating oil

The thing is:
It wasn't acetone used in that "test", it was *****
But the original poster didn't want you idiots killing yourselves by using it.
A lot of mechanics died early from breathing and absorbing that stuff through their skin.
Dad used to have a bottle of it, he used it very rarely. I can almost remember the smell.
Aircraft mechanic in WWII, died at 67 of Pancreatic cancer, mebby just a coincidence.

Yeah PB blaster.
I just re-recharged a nearly empty can with a thin metal tip on the air gun, it needs to be able to depress the tube on the top of the can to work. Usually takes about 3 or 4 recharges before it's all gone.
Just went to the university.
Haven't tried it but looks good, may go with the rubber tip....
Back in the day superkwik was good but NLA, prolly had some nasty in it too.

Last edited:
Got a couple of these from a friend. Rechargeable aerosol cans. Fill halfway with oil or other liquid, charge the can with compressed air and spray away. Tried one with WD40 and it works ok. But I messed up. I thought the can had no pressure left in it so I poked a hole in the top with an awl. Wouldn’t you know it, the can was full of pressure but had a clogged or defective nozzle. Many minutes were spent carefully slowly bleeding off the pressure until I got to the point where I could pour the contents out. Sorry for the upside down pics.

C98E8D20-298B-4C03-8CCC-98B9C6AB8940.jpeg
261D2081-64C5-412E-A12A-F174BF6D0117.jpeg
8CB61F73-6C02-4062-8512-7699E683D8FD.jpeg

Just ordered some of this:

RUSOLVENT.jpg

'Molyslip Rusolvent Penetrating & Easing fluid for dismantling and releasing'. Looked for PB Blaster but it's quite expensive in the UK. Customer reviews say this works about the same?

Back