Petrol prices

Typical MPG for old 250s is around 80. Don't know about the modern ones. 250cc is technically legal for the interstate.

I use regular unleaded in my truck (cuz I go through it too damned quickly), but use the high-test non-ethanol in my lawn mowers. I spent over $38.00 for 7 gallons this morning ($5.49.9/gal.), and no end in sight. Somebody is rolling in money, during a "sluggish" economy... :yikes:

I always check the source for their reliability
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/east-bay-times/
Overall, we rate the East Bay Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/19/commentary-doubt-removed-oil-companies-are-gouging-us/

"Russian oil amounted to less than 3 percent of California’s supply; why should its sudden disappearance cause a price hike of 12 times that much?"

"That is now clear from the quarterly financial reports. They show profits of the five major firms making 96 percent of this state’s gasoline all rose dramatically in the first quarter. .............Because the price gouging did not begin until mid-February, it had no effect for fully half the first-quarter time period."

"Chevron made a $480 million profit in the U.S. in this year’s first three months, ..................................compared with a loss of $130 million last year"

Another big jump here in Northern Indiana yesterday. Went from 4.39/gal to 4.89/gal for standard 89 octane E10. My family spent $1k in gas last month.

My family spent $1k in gas last month.

Yikes! That’s a gut punch!
56AF4A58-0665-4FE5-BA43-536D4095C3A9.jpeg

I can easily make 3 trips to town and back on one e-bicycle battery charge (pedal assisted), about 7 miles each round trip.
I'll estimate it takes less than a kilowatt hour to recharge the 500 watt hour lithium battery or 14 CENTS! 20 cents if you include fixed monthly meter charges. Less than a dime a trip in energy costs. I enjoy the quiet "low effort" pedaling.

^It gets good mileage if you're pushing it, you say?
Nah I don't push it. But keep a nice steady pedal going with the battery helping on hills it keeps a nice cooling breeze going by average somewhere around 12MPH or just above where I have the electric assist set to taper off.

Put 17+USD in my XS2 today. Can remember when I could fill up the tank in my 76 El Camino for less than 20, it had a 26 gallon tank. Times change. I am happy to be able to buy fuel for the XS2 and still be able to ride it.

Put 17+USD in my XS2 today. Can remember when I could fill up the tank in my 76 El Camino for less than 20, it had a 26 gallon tank. Times change. I am happy to be able to buy fuel for the XS2 and still be able to ride it.
The one's I feel sorry for are young families that are barely getting by and people that have to travel to earn a living. Wait till the higher shipping costs hit the everyday products we buy. Ouch!!!

The one's I feel sorry for are young families that are barely getting by and people that have to travel to earn a living. Wait till the higher shipping costs hit the everyday products we buy. Ouch!!!
Agreed. My wife and I were just talking about the same thing at dinner tonight. Gas prices are already pushing tge price up of most things, food included. Interest rates are on the rise here in Canada and will place a greater burden on those with a tight budget.

Back