Phantom doorbell phenomenon.

It would be amazing to live in a house that had been in the family that long. I once felt the presence, as best as I can describe it, of a recently deceased loved one and the feeling got stronger by the second, like a rush, and I had to tell myself to get a grip. If I hadn't done that I don't doubt that I might have seen the person. I see no reason not to think that they were letting their continued existence be known to me.

Lives are temporal and short...existence is eternal.
I've had 'impressions' , I guess you'ld call them, that turned out to be traumatic experiences- death or extreme physical/spiritual anxiety- for friends and loved ones at the time of the impression- though I was miles away at the time of the experience. It comes in as a 'feeling' that supercedes the normal thought/internal dialogue that we all indulge in, kind of a melancholy with a punch. It doesn't happen a lot, thank goodness, but has happened enough that when I get them I know what they are and will state to anybody that I'm with of what is occuring.... to be able to come back later and say, 'Yep, this happened to so and so at that time".
We are spiritual beings locked in a physical body, currently bound by time and space, but the spiritual aspect of our existence is eternal..... all that will be-has already been, for how else does one explain away prophecy, premonitions and deja-vu? Speaking of deja-vu, I've found that for me it is a fullfillment of dreams that I've had- thus 'what will be, has already been.' I don't want any nightmares, thank you! HA!

I don't have a problem with the doorbell ringing, but there have been several times when a lamp down stairs turns itself on in the middle of the night. I go down stairs with my gun and there is nobody there but me.

It could be the ghost of the old guy who built my house back in 1926...anyone who kept the bottom half of a World War II 500 pound bomb as a flower planter is suspect in my book. I guess I should be glad he didn't pick blowing up bombs as a way to haunt me.
:D

Believe it or not, at 55 years of age I got my first cell phone a week ago today. Everybody kept saying, "But what if your motorcycle breaks down? How will you get home?"

"The same way I got home every time a motorcycle/car/truck/bus/bicycle has let me down since 1974," I always reply. "Push. Rest a while. Push. Rest a while. Curse! Push..."

But, to keep them from worrying and so they would quit their whining I broke down and got my own cell phone.

I hate it already.

I have given no one the number and the only call I've made on it was to my home phone to make sure it works. I don't even know my number. And I answered my own call home. But people call and call, usually in the middle of the night. I get text messages from someone saying, "I'm bored."

I don't answer the calls or reply to the text messages. Hell, I don't even know how to reply to text messages. And being that I haven't given anyone the number I don't check my messages. I don't know how to check messages but I have found delete.

How do the rest of you live with those damned things?

One night a few years ago my 3 brothers and I all heard our mother screaming for us so we all called her just minutes apart. It was the middle of the night. She was fine. Never figured out why. She thought it was a sick joke but if it was then my brothers forgot to tell me.

But people call and call, usually in the middle of the night. I get text messages from someone saying, "I'm bored."

How do the rest of you live with those damned things?
you got a recycled number,... when my wife got her phone she kept getting calls from collection agencys looking for the former user of the number

^ Yep.. if that keeps happening tell the company you want another number and they should give you one.

Happened to us alot .. The we figured out that one of our neighbours must have the same type of wire free doorbell . Sometimes but not all times it would pick up the signal from there sender and activate our bell . There are only so many different frequencys they use I suppose . Like Honda keys .. " 2 of my mates can start each others VFR800s as they both have the exact same key by pure flukey chance .

Happened to us alot .. The we figured out that one of our neighbours must have the same type of wire free doorbell . Sometimes but not all times it would pick up the signal from there sender and activate our bell . There are only so many different frequencys they use I suppose . Like Honda keys .. " 2 of my mates can start each others VFR800s as they both have the exact same key by pure flukey chance .

Years ago my uncle's television would change channels every time my aunt used the garage door opener.

Another uncle and my dad got Daddy's '61 Ford car keys mixed up with my uncle's '61 Ford pick-up keys. Both drove home and were locked out of their houses so they went back to the bar both of them thinking their wives had had the locks changed.

PS. My brother is a tech for Time Warner Cable and has found several instances of neighbors using another neighbor's wireless without knowing they were doing so until the neighbor turned everything off.

Last edited:
Back