Photo0194.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Photo0195.jpg
    Photo0195.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 218
Thanks Gordonscott

I some questions & ideas maybe
Pipes are Inch & five eights

The down tube from the head is not parallel to the frame tube ,does this look wrong but if it was the same then I’d buy mikes & not make my own

Was going to kick pipe up at the rear of the foot peg like in the tracker pick but my bike is a cafe would this look to tracker Any Ideas here please

Any ideas on mufflers might use a shorty
The Uni shorty muffler anyone use one of these or know anthing about them

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHORTY-UN...45478173126328

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Univers...58787739639501

Wally-

I know this is off subject, but how are those wheels holding up? I was following your progress on the other wheel thread and have seem to lost it. Man, those things still look great....

Hi Wally, the pipes do not have to follow the down tubes, they can do anything you like and I think they will look great like on the Mule bike, that exhaust is very sexy :thumbsup: For mufflers a upswept would look great on a cafe so no worry there but again just my opinion. I like reverse cone megaphones on cafe bikes, they just look the part. Your links did not work but I know what the shortys look like, I sell them but would not use them on a cafe. I sure others have opinions too but sounds like you have it under control :wink2: P.S. bike looks great:thumbsup:

Cool Muffler set up
I was thinking something like this set leading up the back of the frame but still have not made up my mind yet

Attachments

• Photo0203.jpg
    Photo0203.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo0200.jpg
    Photo0200.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 114
  • b97e_1_b.jpg
    b97e_1_b.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 108
OK
Finally got pipes tacked together then had them properly welded up.
Now need to weld on some support brackets under the frame & one to hold the muffler in place & then need to cut back welds sand them & get them ceramic coated black I think? might also need to have mufflers coated as well

Attachments

• Photo0210.jpg
    Photo0210.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Photo0211.jpg
    Photo0211.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 139
Pipes look nice! What are you using for materials? Did you buy a bunch of bent pieces? Do you have your owns bender? I really leaning towards building my own pipes when the time comes

Pipes are on now
Just need to make up my mind as to weather I put a bracket on to the mufflers
There held at the head & I made a circular bracket around pipe under engine cover were the standard pipes bolt on then muffler bolted to end of pipe, Its very well secured.

Attachments

• P1010600.jpg
    P1010600.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 140
Wally those silencers in the picture don't work very well, they're too narrow through the silencer.

Last edited:
Cool Muffler set up
I was thinking something like this set leading up the back of the frame but still have not made up my mind yet

These silencers are very restrictive through the middle of the silencer, they reduce down to about a 1 inch hole

Sorry, when you said you were thinking of something like this, with the picture of the silencers from steadfast, I thought you meant those, not reverse cone megaphones, I have a set like the steadfast ones rusting away in a shed.

Back