Points backing plate head scratcher

Bucko

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep,im sat scratching my head :D tonight i finally found time to get out into the garage and fit my pamco that ive had sat on the shelf for around two months,its easy isnt it?i even read the instructions before i started!points housing fitted to head using three fixing bolts,place pamco into position and fasten loosly using the TWO adjustment screws errr my bike only has one hole at the top,ive searched everywere and cant find any other xs like this,its a 73 xs2,anybody got any ideas? Cheers

The housing is attached with three screws, but you don't do anything with those three screws. They just hold the housing to the head.
The points backing plate is held to the head by two screws. One upper left the other lower right.
If you look on Pete's ignition site, on the opening page it shows the Pamco Plate installed. Two screws hold the Pamco plate in and you can see two of the three screws for the housing.
Pics of what you have will help.
Leo

It would be very interesting to see a '73 XS2, lol.

xsleo,yes i understand that thanks,my problem is that i only have one hole in my barrels/head to pick up the backing plate,the bottom hole is not there!
5twins i bow to your superior knowledge!

hotdog,cheers mate,ive seen the pamco page,theres nothing wrong with the pamco,its my barrels!ive just been round to a mates house to have a look at his xs motor and i,m definatley missing a hole,strange thing is theres no sign of one ever being there!no problem realy il just create my own,:D

hard-y-rd,sorry mate im useless on computers so cant post a pic up,if your interested i could be-mail you some pics?

The points and advance housings are the same part. Maybe your advance housing has the needed holes? If so, you could simply swap them from side to side. You don't need those holes on the advance side.

Back