Port o Walls

pat_in_the_hat

In the learning stage
Reaction score
Hey there,
So im new on here. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a semi started bobber project that the PO gave up on and I am hoping to finish it off. Slowly starting to get my head around what I am aiming for and how to make it there (especially with wiring)

Anyway, I was just looking around and found these Port-o-walls white wall inserts. Has anyone used these? how do they look? I couldnt imagine it would be the best, But maybe if you used rubber cement on the outside edge?
http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/product.php?products_id=1694

Thanks everyone
Pat

Hey there,
So im new on here. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a semi started bobber project that the PO gave up on and I am hoping to finish it off. Slowly starting to get my head around what I am aiming for and how to make it there (especially with wiring)

Anyway, I was just looking around and found these Port-o-walls white wall inserts. Has anyone used these? how do they look? I couldnt imagine it would be the best, But maybe if you used rubber cement on the outside edge?
http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/product.php?products_id=1694

Thanks everyone
Pat
My brother just bought a sportster with the atlas port-o-walls on them. You can't really tell unless you are right on it looking at it. The real dead give a way is the tire logo and or the brand name is partially covered by the port-o-wall. If it weren't for that...you cant really tell. They look good in my opinion.

Never had em' on a bike but about a thousand years ago we used to run em' on our old Fords. They look ok from 20 feet and out. Main problems back then were difficult to balance the tire and occasionally one would decide to leave at speed. That was interesting on a car, might be pretty exciting on a bike.

roy

Never had em' on a bike but about a thousand years ago we used to run em' on our old Fords. They look ok from 20 feet and out. Main problems back then were difficult to balance the tire and occasionally one would decide to leave at speed. That was interesting on a car, might be pretty exciting on a bike.

roy
Same here. wouldn't use on a rider, but a semi-show, maybe.

Just more unsprung weight IMO. Buy an expensive-ass fatty whitewall and ride it with confidence knowing that there's not "extra" stuff back there to fly apart on ya. I for one will NOT diminish functionality just for "the look" (whatever the hell that is) Motorcycles are to ride, not to look at.

Back