RINGS AND MORE RINGS

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I have a XS1-B in faded gold, and it needs new wrings.......
I found one set at the local Yamaha dealer/parts emporium original part #256-116-10..
Does anyone know if there are replacements sets available or do I keep hunting for another set of NOS rings?
Al

well I just read the other post about using oversize rings in a std bore, but I still need the correct model rings, but I will be able to use either std or 1st oversize.......

Got a set of Cruzin's rings for my XS1B should be here in the next day or two. Guess we'll know when they get here.

I might have made the first mention of crusin's rings (for 447) on here. I could only find good reports on them. Since then I have read one report that said his rings for a different bike were very generic and wear quickly. But he was just some guy. I keep meaning to check my compression after a few thousand miles now; when I do I'll report back here. The rings I got, the top and middle rings were identical in appearance and dimensions and were just a plain cross section. No stamping on them to indicate a top side. Without checking compression yet they seem to be doing fine.

well shazam....
I just picked up a pair of NOS pistins and wrings all stock sizes from my new buddy Dave in Ontario Canader, eh.....
we're keepin' our sticks on the ice for the victims of the bus crash in Humbolt SK....
Al

Back