She's got a question on: swaping wheels

I really can't belive all the encouragement, suggestions and help (tx Ben!) - i've been a little anxious to take this on but i'm feeling pretty confident that if i can't figure it out with the manual, this is dfntly the place to come.

I just spent 2hrs shoveling my driveway - the suns out begining to melt the snow already and i rolled her out of the garage just to look at her. I'm sure you've all had this experience, but I really got excited - just me looking at her...and her looking at me...

Ok...enough of the girly stuff...but really...thanks everybody - and keep a look out for MZ650 - I'll be all over here asking questions (just remember to keep your answers simple). I'll post some pics when things start moving just so you can see what this girl is upto.

MZ650

Well maybe I'm off on the year, 'cause I don't have the double cross spoke rims. Here is what I have.

rim4.jpg

rim2.jpg

rim1.jpg

If 'that'sMZ650' opts out on these. I can let anyone interested Have them for cost of shipping. I'm willing to box these up and ship C.O.D., but if you look around at you local junk yard, you could find these all day long for suprisingly less than you think. I'm guessing it would cost around $100.00 shipping everything but the rubber in these pics.

Last edited:
I've got the opposite problem, trying to find mags, with a drum rear wheel. I really do not want to convert to disc brake rear. Anybody wanna trade ?? My 1975 has spoked aluminum "H" rims 19 front and 18 rear and we want mags.

oh well

John

Fuck those are nice wheels!! Only the heritage specials had the ugly 64 front and 48 rear spoke whels, special II's had the ones pictured, and specials were mags.

well, any thing to help some one out. I just laced up a set of drums on 23" rims for my next project. I bought this extra frame as a roller just for the title. Don't need the extra wheels. So they will go to a good home. I'll get some pics up tomarrow.

Please start a thread! I want to see these!

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70402#post70402
18" and 19" spoke rims for trade here in classifieds.

FYI;
DO NOT do the white wall thing!!! I checked into this and have heard nothing but bad things about the results. It looks good for a very short while and then fades,cracks and peels.I'm not bad mouthing this other member or saying that his process is bad, just saying I researched this for myself and talked to people that had it done for cars and bikes, the consensus was: if you want white walls BUY white walls...

Thanks for the heads up...speaking of ww:

Quick Poll: Which would you pick? (pros/cons)

1.) Shinko 777 Wide Whitewall
2.) Dunlop D402 Harley-Davidson Wide Whitewall
3.) Avon AM41 or 42 Venom Wide Whitewall

1.Avon
2.Shinko

IMO, only from personal usage, i'll never spend $$$ on a Dunlop again. I got only about 2000 miles on my last 402 on my Sportster. Switched to a Conti Milestone and have almost 8000 on it and it's still like new.

Shinko for the money (like $89 on E-bay) are a nice tire.

HTML:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_ben  
well, any thing to help some one out. I just laced up a set of drums on 23" rims for my next project. I bought this extra frame as a roller just for the title. Don't need the extra wheels. So they will go to a good home. I'll get some pics up tomarrow. 

Please start a thread! I want to see these!

Here is a link to the pics I already posted.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6247&highlight=plane_ben

Ironhead. In your post you say DO NOT do the white wall thing.. then you say if you want whitewalls buy whitewalls. I'm not sure I understand what you mean there.

Ironhead. In your post you say DO NOT do the white wall thing.. then you say if you want whitewalls buy whitewalls. I'm not sure I understand what you mean there.

You would had to have read the previous posts.

It was mentioned that someone posted here on the site, a method to make Blackwalls into Whitewalls...The method as I discussed in my post, produces a undesirable finish, or so I have been informed. That is why I said if you want a Whitewall tire to purchase one, and to NOT have a Blackwall made into one.

Clear things up for you???:D

This was the original post about the Whitewall:
"I seem to remember there's been guy in the Shops section of this site offering a service to whitewall regular tires. I don't know anything about him, the process, and etc."

I have a 19" front and 18" rear with white wall.. all items are used.. getting me to part with them is going to be the hard part.. I had to search for a long time myself till I found a good deal.. I got them for a project I want to start but havent yet.. still have a project in the works now..

Back